Re: [ShadowRealms] Belladonna cover copy

  • Adrienne Roehrich
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2006
      I think this just proves the point about fan art. I don't particularly care
      for the model they have for Belladonna. She is *not* what I pictured in my
      head. lol

      Also, has anyone else noticed that a lot of the fantasy covers now seem to
      focus on a single person or two (main characters) and use what look like
      live models for them as opposed to the more cartoonish drawings we used to
      see?

      I love the borders and stuff, though. Thanks for letting us know about it
      Anne!

      Adrienne

      --
      http://bookcrossing.com/referral/adrienne10
      http://360.yahoo.com/adrienne10_99

    • Cubby
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 4, 2006
        I love the Belladonna cover. It is quite beautiful and well done.

        There are lots of times i get plain disgusted with book covers. The girl is suppose to have long red hair and small in height and he is suppose to have mid back black hair and over 6 foot. and they show a girl that reaches is chin and has shoulder length blonde hair. that is what is on one of my covers and it describes them on the back cover of the book. it makes you wonder if the artist even looks in the book to get the description of the characters. they should be required to as for me to see a cover that is not right it takes away from reading the book. i am reading the description in the book but seeing the cover it is very distracting and disturbing. Dee

        YAHOO/AIM/AOL dragonscub1a ICQ 291581762 MSN drgnscub1@...

        "I can not create life... but I can breath on the remaining embers...Can simply BE...".

        Save the earth. It's the only planet with chocolate.

        EXERCISE is a DIRTY work. Everytime I HEAR it I Wash my mouth out with CHOCOLATE.

      • Taesha Stevens