Re: [ShadowRealms] Jacqueline Carey's new book and some OT stuff

  • RoseOfMalice@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 19, 2006
      In a message dated 6/18/2006 6:13:03 AM Central Standard Time,
      lovestoread@... writes:
      >>No, I mean putting each message in a table so it's almost impossible to
      >>get rid of quoting and also putting the ads on the side of the message :(

      Maybe it's an AOL thing, but I still get the adds on the bottom and the
      message isn't in a table. Take that Yahoo!

      And yep, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest comes out July 7th. There
      is a third movie, I believe it's titled Edge of the World or something, and
      it is still filming. But I don't want to know anything other than that, so I'm
      staunchly staying away from spoilers!

      As for the Star Trek costume....BOY did I EVER dress up! For the opening of
      Star Trek: First Contact I organized a group of 12 friends, bought tickets 2
      weeks in advance, spent 2 1/2 hours in the bathroom with an eyebrow pencil
      stenciling Trill spots on myself -the result being rather aesthetically pleasing if
      I do say so - arrived at the theater at 7pm for the 10:30pm show and was
      first in line and had the best time of my life!!! I seriously credit my
      involvement in the Star Trek fandom for making my adolescence a lot easier on my parents
      than it could have been. ;)

      ~Ariel
      whose recognition of the line of Dax hosts ends sharply at Jadzia

    • rchristoph
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 22, 2006
        ~Ariel
        whose recognition of the line of Dax hosts ends sharply at Jadzia

        Dax did not end with Jadzia. IMHO I do think that the next host was a bit
        of a education for Dax. However, live or not live would have been more
        important than style of host(ess). I think Dax would choose live over NOT.

        Ronda

        .

      • Jaeneva
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 22, 2006
          > ~Ariel
          > whose recognition of the line of Dax hosts ends sharply at Jadzia
          >

          > Dax did not end with Jadzia. IMHO I do think that the next host
          > was a bit
          > of a education for Dax. However, live or not live would have been
          > more
          > important than style of host(ess). I think Dax would choose live
          > over NOT.

          Technically no, but I think that's more a statement about the dislike
          that alot of people had for Ezri, which I tend to agree with, I just
          never liked the switch.

          Jae

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • RoseOfMalice@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 23, 2006
            In a message dated 6/22/2006 4:44:28 PM Central Standard Time,
            rondachristoph@... writes:
            >>Dax did not end with Jadzia.

            Oh I know. I'm just saying that me, as a fan, refuses to recognize Ezri. Ugh,
            I can't believe I even typed that name. It has nothing to do with the story
            at all, and everything to do with the fact that Terry Farrell wanted to leave
            to do other projects and specifically asked that Jadzia not be killed off. She
            was promised such and then handed a script where Jadzia dies and basically
            told to suck it up. I despise that kind of high-handed "we own you" BS that seems
            to overrun the franchise now, so, as my own little personal protest, I just
            flat out refuse to recognize the character. I've never watched Jadzia's last
            episode, and until the day I die, I never will.

            ~Ariel