Re: [ShadowRealms] Re: crying

  • Maggie Errea
    Message 1 of 19 , Apr 30, 2006
      Christopher Pike was the original captian of Enterprise in the original
      series, Spock was Science officer under him. the episode with the trial
      acctually revisits the original pilot for the series. Jeffery Hunter (think
      the Seachers with John Wayne, and the Longest Day) was the actor's name, he
      did not wish to do the series. Pike was injured in a reactor breach-the
      shilding gave way and was hit by Delta Rays.

      Maggie (with the help of her husband)

      Message 2 of 19 , May 1, 2006
        LoL some one knows too much about the origional ST! lol STNG and i could get
        down and into it too but not ST. Just remembered the "ying yang" guy (the
        episode was done in a lot of whites and blacks to make it look stark)

      • Rowan222@aol.com
        Message 3 of 19 , May 2, 2006
          Ohhh inknow the title. its The Immortal.
          Renee

          In a message dated 4/30/2006 12:26:26 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
          serradiora@... writes:

          Yeah, Remember Me also still has a place on my shelf, i still have all my
          Christopher Pike novels hes also got a few Adult novels like Sati but most
          of them are just packed away. There was another Chrispher pike book that
          really dealt with death well too, i still can never figure out the title
          though maybe some one else read it. It was about a girl who ends up in
          greece on vacation with her boyfriend and best friend and it turns out
          that she used to be a goddess and set up her "human" life to save it (the
          best friend is killing her) but ends up having to save her boyfriend who she
          loves. And Yes Christopher Pike is a "penname" and it DID come from Star
          Trek (the guy int he chair who couldnt talk and the little light went on
          when he "talked". They had a big trial/jury episode with him).

        • Taesha Stevens
          Message 4 of 19 , May 15, 2006
            Andrea,
            The very first Pike book i ever read was Witch. I still love that one! I reread the Remember Me series so many times...*sigh* ...oy. But I really liked Tachyon Web. You guys ever read that one? It's pretty different than the rest of his books, way more sci-fi than thriller. But as far as thriller goes, Master of Murder is the shit. Did you ever notice that the back of the Midnight Club implies that its some gruesome murder mystery, but it's just a sad book about neat kids...who all happen to be dying of various terminal illnesses.

          • Taesha Stevens
            Message 5 of 19 , May 15, 2006
              Jessica, the one called the Eternal (or the eternal enemy...something like that, don't make me go look it up!) is about a girl named Rela, who buys a VCR that begins to record the future. I know that sounds like a totally gay premise, but it's actually way more convoluted and interesting than that... I just don't want to give it away.