Nylon Angel rpg

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 12, 2006
      A press release from my friend Marianne de Pierres:

      For immediate release
      11th April 2006.

      Best-selling Australian novels adapted into role-playing game

      A Queensland author's best-selling futuristic adventure novel has been
      adapted into an action role-playing game.

      The vivid and unique future Australia of Marianne de Pierres' novel, Nylon
      Angel, has been brought to life by White Mice Worldbuilding, a Tasmanian games
      start-up.

      "It's incredible to see the world I created move from the page onto the
      gaming board," said author Marianne de Pierres. "I think it is a great example of
      what small Australian companies are accomplishing in the burgeoning creative
      industries."

      Each gamer kit will provide pre-rolled characters as well as references and
      rules for players and game referees, set-up sequences and scenarios. Gamers
      also have the means to start from scratch using White Mice Worldbuilding's unique
      character and name generator. Internal art is by young Tasmanian artist
      Cassandra Lovell. Cover art works are by international artists, Neyjour and
      Catherine Geaney.

      The three books of Marianne de Pierres' best-selling Parrish Plessis
      series - Nylon Angel, Code Noir and Crash Deluxe - have all been used to
      develop the game.

      Nylon Angel and Crash Deluxe were both nominated for Best Science Fiction
      Novel in the Australian Aurealis awards. The books have also had success in the
      UK and Europe where the publishers, Orbit Books, have sold translation rights
      to six countries. Penguin has recently released Nylon Angel in North America.

      Covers of the game books may be viewed at www.mariannedepierres.com

    • Craig Corlis
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 12, 2006
        Interesting. Any ideas if you'll ever look into
        something along these lines for one of your worlds,
        Anne?

        -Craig

        http://mail.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 12, 2006
          In a message dated 4/12/2006 8:21:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
          gsilroc@... writes:

          > Any ideas if you'll ever look into
          > something along these lines for one of your worlds,
          > Anne?

          It's more a question of if a company that makes role-playing games would be
          interested in one of those worlds. This isn't something I would do on my own.

        • Craig Corlis
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 12, 2006
            > It's more a question of if a company that makes
            > role-playing games would be
            > interested in one of those worlds. This isn't
            > something I would do on my own.
            >
            > Anne

            Oh, I understand that. I was more asking whether it
            was something you'd allow and/or have any interest in
            seeing if you did have control over it.

            -Craig

            http://mail.yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 13, 2006
              In a message dated 4/12/2006 10:11:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
              gsilroc@... writes:

              > Oh, I understand that. I was more asking whether it
              > was something you'd allow and/or have any interest in
              > seeing if you did have control over it.

              We would look at a proposal from a company before making a decision. A lot
              would depend on what they were looking to do with the material.