New Member Intro

  • Ysabol
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 7, 2006
      Hello all. My internet nickname is Ysabol. I found your list today when
      perusing Anne Bishop's web site for the very first time. My boyfriend
      recommended her books to me, so I got both the Black Jewels books, and the
      Fae books. I'm on book 2 of the Black Jewels trilogy now. So, I'm going to
      try to refrain from reading any posts about the Jewels series until I finish
      the last one, which will probably be by morning, lol.
      I was wondering...I know they are not a lot alike, but has anyone seen
      any similarity at ALL to Jacqueline Carey's Kushiel series? I have noticed a
      few things that makes me think of her books. I liked the first one, but just
      couldn't get into the second. My boyfriend lives in another state for now,
      so I think I'm going to ship him my 3 books in the Kushiel series to see if
      he likes those.
      I enjoy reading all types of books, my favorites are Horror, Fantasy,
      Science Fiction, Paranormal, and romance.

      Ysabol
      <mailto:ysabol@...> ysabol@...

    • Kim Vaz
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 9, 2006
        On 4/7/06, Ysabol <ysabol@...> wrote:

        > Hello all. My internet nickname is Ysabol. I was wondering...I know
        > they are not a lot alike, but has anyone seen
        > any similarity at ALL to Jacqueline Carey's Kushiel series?

        Hey Ysabol, welcoem to the list.

        I haven't read the Kushiel series, but I've noticed many people on the list
        seem to have read it. So you might be on to something.

        --Kim

        --
        > I lost nothing I regret losing

      • bj hunter
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 9, 2006
          Besides both having a strong female lead, I don't see any
          similarities. That is interesting that you do though, but I read
          Kushiel's so long ago maybe I am missing something. BJ

          > > Hello all. My internet nickname is Ysabol. I was
          wondering...I know
          > > they are not a lot alike, but has anyone seen
          > > any similarity at ALL to Jacqueline Carey's Kushiel series?
        • Carla
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 9, 2006
            I don't seem to find anything in common between the books either. (other than that, of course. But there are a whole lot of books out there with strong female main characters)