Re. Fav. fantasy authors

  • kath9969
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 31, 2006
      Oooh, my very first ever post. I'm very excited. Hi all. All hail
      Anne, I read the Black Jewels trilogy early last year and have since
      read it 4 or 5 more times as well as DMF, the Surreal short story in
      Dana Stabenow's book of short stories etc. Some great authors have
      been listed and here's a few more. Mercedes Lackey (pretty much
      everything she's ever written)James Clemens (wit'ch series)Katherine
      Kurtz, Tanya Huff. David Weber and John Ringo write both great
      Science Fiction and fantasy. Weber's Honor Harrington series (11
      books and still growing) is fabulous as is his Bahzell Banahkson
      series. Ringo's War of the council series is excellent and his new
      one Princess of Wands looks to be great. If you want to preview some
      great authors, dip your toe in the pond (so to speak) I recommend the
      Baen website (www.baen.com) as they have previews of a lot of their
      authors upcoming works and also have a great Free Library so you can
      read the first book or couple of books of an author's work to decide
      if you'd like to buy/read more. I've read a lot of them and my
      bookshelf has grown lots. Love reading all the posts, talk again soon
    • jessica
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2006
        welcome to the group kath, are you excited for sebastian? (probably a
        ludicrious question)
      • kath9969
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1, 2006
          --- In ShadowRealms@yahoogroups.com, "jessica" <jesica_847@...> wrote:

          > welcome to the group kath, are you excited for sebastian? (probably
          > ludicrious question)

          Absolutely frothing at the mouth!! I love this time of year as lots
          of my favourite authors have new books coming out. I had a bit of a
          drought on reading for a few years as my babies needed all my time but
          now I am working night shift and once all the work's done there's no
          better way to stay awake then to lose myself in a book so now I can
          devour books again and Sebastian is on the top of the list as soon as
          I can get my hands on it!!!
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 4, 2006
            Kath wrote:

            << Oooh, my very first ever post. I'm very excited. Hi all.>>

            Hi Kath....welcome to the list :)

            <<James Clemens (wit'ch series)>>

            I'd forgotten about him. I'll have to check to see if he's
            written anything else.

            Again...welcome!

            K.