Re: hey new person here

  • jessica
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 17, 2005
      tamora pierce, ? what is her stuff like, also another author I enjoy,
      she is also canadian is tanya huff, I like her summon the keeper
      seriers
    • renee leach
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 17, 2005
        tamora pierce is strong on sheroes, written mostly for the young adult reader... i found her while searching for books for my then 13 yo son... something good but not gooey you know? we read her circle of magic books together (one of the lead characters was a teen boy) and then i just went ahead and read the rest of her books about female knights -- good series... just my opinion ...
        as a matter of fact we just got the latest book today from the library... and my son snatched it before i could even open the cover... luckily for him, i just started kushiel's dart so... i 'll be pretty involved for awhile ...and he is a quick reader...so we're good
        ;)
        renee'
        jessica <jesica_847@...> wrote:
        tamora pierce, ? what is her stuff like, also another author I enjoy,
        she is also canadian is tanya huff, I like her summon the keeper
        seriers

        Writing book Writing a book Writing child book Book writing software Science fiction and fantasy Writing a book report

      • Katie, Forsaken ST
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 17, 2005
          Tamora Pierce is wonderful. She tends to write more
          for teenagers, but it's the sort of story everyone can
          get into- trust me, my early-to-late-twenties reading
          circle adore her work.

          She has two main worlds- the 'Alana' world of Tortall
          and it's surrounds, and the 'Circle' world of Emelan
          and it's neighbours. Both are well formed and distinct
          from one another, with rich cultures and marvellous
          people. The plots are believable (for the world) and
          well thought out.

          And oh my gods, the people... brilliant!

          *realises she just turned into a rabid were-fangirl
          and sits down quietly*

          Morag
          =^..^=

          ---------------------------------
          tamora pierce, ? what is her stuff like, also another
          author I enjoy,
          she is also canadian is tanya huff, I like her summon
          the keeper
          seriers

          http://au.local.yahoo.com
        • Raven
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 18, 2005
            I work at Barnes&Noble and just discovered her books in the last year. I
            started with the Lioness Quartet and didn't stop reading until I finished
            all of the Tortall series she had. ^_^;; She's a great author and her books,
            since they're for the teen section and are much shorter than normal novels,
            are quick and fun reads.
            I love Tanya Huff! My favorite of her books is Wizard of the Grove. ^_^
            I've read that book way too many times. ^_^
            Raven

          • momof2nastyboys@verizon.net
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 18, 2005
              I have not tried her books because they are in the teen section...I guess that kind of puts me off since I am double that age! I am having fun buying books from that section for my niece who is 12 though. Christmas is coming fast! BJ

            • taechick98@netscape.net
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 18, 2005
                I love Tamora Pierces work. Shes very big on strong female heroines, all her books have a bit of romance thrown in with the action. Try her lioness quartet series first.

                tamora pierce, ? what is her stuff like, also another author I enjoy,
                she is also canadian is tanya huff, I like her summon the keeper
                seriers

                Book writing software Science fiction and fantasy Writing a book report

                YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                Visit your group "ShadowRealms" on the web.