Re: [ShadowRealms] hello, newbie here

  • renee leach
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 1, 2005
      hi kelly,
      i am waiting patiently... very, very patiently for the heir to the shadows book to arrive from the library... and as soon as i read them i will come babbling back here, but no please don't tell me about them yet.... i am a spoiler brat...
      thanks though
      renee'

      Gentlewolf3389@... wrote:
      Hello,
      My name is Kelly and I own the whole Black Jewel trilogy, along with The
      invisible Ring, and Dreams made flesh. If you don't know them I would be happy
      to tell you about them.
      I fall in love with the books as well.....your right....that was an
      understatement. Well anyway....I have them all and read them when I am bored.
      Which book have you read so far---Daughter of the Blood----Heir to the
      Shadows---Queen of the darkness---books 1-2-3. The Invisible Ring takes place
      before the trilogy and is about a pleasure slave (trained by Daemon Sadi)
      named Jared.
      Dreams has four stories in it for more info. just write.

      Writing book Writing a book Book writing software Science fiction and fantasy Writing a book report Business writing book

      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 2, 2005
        No I wouldn't spoil it I was just wondering if you had any question we could
        debate about Daughter of the Blood?

        kelly

      • taechick98@netscape.net
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 3, 2005
          Hey, no question about Daughter persay, but I was wondering what everyone else thought the "Eyrien warblades" are supposed to look like, I think of them as maybe swords but *sigh* I don't know. Anyone?

          No I wouldn't spoil it I was just wondering if you had any question we could
          debate about Daughter of the Blood?

          kelly

          Science fiction and fantasy Writing a book report Business writing book

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          Visit your group "ShadowRealms" on the web.

          Look What The New Netscape.com Can Do!
          Now you can preview dozens of stories and have the ones you select delivered to you without ever leaving the Top Home Page. And the new Tool Box gives you one click access to local Movie times, Maps, White Pages and more. See for yourself at http://netcenter.netscape.com/netcenter/

        • Cenire Ikua
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 3, 2005
            there is an old Celtic weapon that my re-enactment group (Clan MacColin)
            uses (well the boys use them since women arent allowed to fight...stupid
            customers felt that the death scene that was beautifuly done was too
            graphic...even though in the 16th century irish and scotish women did fight
            right along side the men) anyway...the boys use a weapon that is as long as
            a spear but has a mini ax-like head at the top...its called something fun
            and dangerous sounding...but since im a newbie to clan i dont know all the
            technical names for thiem...but the point is...that is what i imagine the
            warblade to look like...ofcourse no selfrespecting Eyrien would name their
            warblade "butplug" like our boys are fond of doing (some rather interesting
            names for sords and dirks and such in my clan)...but they sound similar at
            least to me...and this went on for far too long so i will end it with my
            favorite Oscar Wilde quote:

            There is no such thing as a moral or an immoral book. Books are well
            written, or badly written. That is all.-Oscar Wilde

            >From: taechick98@...
            >To: ShadowRealms@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: Re: [ShadowRealms] hello, newbie here
            >Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 10:44:54 -0500
            >
            >Hey, no question about Daughter persay, but I was wondering what everyone
            >else thought the "Eyrien warblades" are supposed to look like, I think of
            >them as maybe swords but *sigh* I don't know. Anyone?

          • Raven Silver
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 4, 2005
              Sounds like you're describing a halberd... part axe part spear, all
              deadly. ;) According to my husband: if it's got an axe head it's a
              halberd, if it's got a sword head it's a naganata (Japanese translated:
              Sword-spear...used on horseback or against them). Don't quote him on
              that, as he's never studied Celtic weapons, but it sounds like a
              halberd to me too. :)

              Myself I think scimitar fits a little better, that's how I always
              picture it.
            • ja'von mccreary
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 5, 2005
                what is a scimitar? and has anyone read Lynn Veil? Is
                she any good?

                --- Raven Silver <flameraven_69@...> wrote:

                > Sounds like you're describing a halberd... part axe
                > part spear, all
                > deadly. ;) According to my husband: if it's got an
                > axe head it's a
                > halberd, if it's got a sword head it's a naganata
                > (Japanese translated:
                > Sword-spear...used on horseback or against them).
                > Don't quote him on
                > that, as he's never studied Celtic weapons, but it
                > sounds like a
                > halberd to me too. :)
                >
                > Myself I think scimitar fits a little better, that's
                > how I always
                > picture it.

                __________________________________
                http://farechase.yahoo.com
              • Cenire Ikua
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 5, 2005
                  that sounds exactly like what they said it was called...but im horrible at
                  spelling (which is why im a science major instead of something more fun and
                  english related)...but yes a Halberd is what our boys use...i never thought
                  of a scimitar before...interesting concept

                  There is no such thing as a moral or an immoral book. Books are well
                  written, or badly written. That is all.-Oscar Wilde

                  >From: "Raven Silver" <flameraven_69@...>
                  >To: ShadowRealms@yahoogroups.com
                  >Subject: [ShadowRealms] Re: hello, newbie here
                  >Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2005 02:58:46 -0000
                  >
                  >Sounds like you're describing a halberd... part axe part spear, all
                  >deadly. ;) According to my husband: if it's got an axe head it's a
                  >halberd, if it's got a sword head it's a naganata (Japanese translated:
                  >Sword-spear...used on horseback or against them). Don't quote him on
                  >that, as he's never studied Celtic weapons, but it sounds like a
                  >halberd to me too. :)
                  >
                  >Myself I think scimitar fits a little better, that's how I always
                  >picture it.

                • Raven Silver
                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 6, 2005
                    I'll upload a picture of a scimitar so you know what I'm talking
                    about. :)
                  • Kellen Stringer
                    Message 9 of 11 , Nov 7, 2005
                      I drive a Scimitar! It's so cute.

                      But a scimitar blade, I believe is curdish, an arc blade with a dragon
                      tongue point. Make sense?

                      Cheerio

                      Kellen