Which Series to Read Next...

  • elynsynoseternal
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 22, 2005
      I'm having a ton of trouble deciding what series to read next...right
      now, it's between Memory, Sorrow and Thorn, Melanie Rawns Dragon
      books, and Kate Elliotts Crown of Stars series...anyone have any input
      on this that might help me out? I'll love you forever!
    • Diora
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 22, 2005
        I honestly dont reccommend the Tad williams series, IMO i thought it was
        long and drawn out for the amount of things that happened and were resolved.
        But thats just me.
        I've read a lot of stuff by Melanie and they are pretty good. I cant ring in
        on Kate Elliots i havnt read anything by her. Just my two cents because i
        know how hard it can be to pick books some times hehe.
        Tay

      • Kellen Stringer
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 22, 2005
          Tad Williams - I really liked the Memory, Sorrow & Thorn, it is a good
          series to read, it was a good long plot. More the boy heroism type tale.

          Melanie Rawn - I have probably advised you about this series, i really
          enjoyed it, it's a a nice series to read, lots of romance, and some good
          gripping moments.

          Kate Elliot - She's on my TBR pile, after the Sherrilyn Kenyon - Dark Hunter
          Series.

          If i had a choice of which to read first i'd go for Melanie Rawn, Tad
          Wiliams, Kate Elliot which is the way i did it. I'd also recommend the
          Runis of Ambrai/Captals Tower, but you will end up like me waiting patiently
          for Mageborn Traitor to come out.

          Kellen

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 23, 2005
            Also to add to my earlier comments a few suggestions for series to try...

            JV Jones

            Barbed Coil
            I loved this one off book, it was an interesting storyline, i don't normally
            tend to go for normal into fantasy land...

            The Book of Words - The Bakers Boy/A Man Betrayed/Master and Fool
            A good series, i enjoyed the tale, bits were predictable and the outcomes
            are always obvious but it was enjoyable getting there.

            Sword of Shadows - A Cavern of Black Ice/A Fortress of Grey Ice/A Sword of
            Red Ice
            I am waiting for the last book in this series to conclude the tale, another
            predictable end, but i want to see how it comes about.

            Maggie Furey

            Artefacts of Power - Aurian/Harp of Winds/The Sword of Flame/Dhiammara
            This series was packed with the romance and sorrow, one minute your heart
            soars, and the next it plunges with despair. I loved the tragic turns and
            happy endings.

            Patricia Briggs

            Dragon Bones/Dragon Blood
            I thought the first book was excellent and waited about 2 years for the
            second book, and i hope i am waiting for more from this author.

            Christopher Golden

            Shadow Saga - Of Saints and Shadows/Devil Hearts and Angel Souls/Of Masks
            and Martyrs
            I read this series sometime ago, but picked it up recently and really
            enjoyed it again. CG normally writes the Buffy books. But i liked this
            series Prowlers and BOdy of Evidence series too.

            I will put up my read list of books some day but i keep adding to it and
            delay putting it up...

            Kellen
          • croweslover63
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 23, 2005
              I just started book 3 of Kate Elliotts "Crown of Stars"...I love this series so far. After this book I'm going to switch over to Clive Barkers "Imajica"...one of my all time favorite reads, then back to Kate Elliotts Crown of Stars.

              I'm also looking forward to Diana Gabaldons next book in her Outlander series.

              Debby
              Kate Elliot - She's on my TBR pile, after the Sherrilyn Kenyon - Dark Hunter
              Series.

            • barikat1993
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 4, 2005
                I love the Melanie Rawn series. They really pull you in to the
                characters. Haven't read Tad Williams before and I have the Crown of
                Stars series on the shelf just waiting. Right now I'm going to dive
                into Banewreaker and reread Storm of Swords so that I will be ready for
                the sequel and visit by Martin in November.
                Katrina

                --- In ShadowRealms@yahoogroups.com, "elynsynoseternal"