This is not a Harry Potter Spoiler, but it it about those who Spoil

  • elynsynoseternal
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 22 8:37 AM
      I was listening to the radio this morning, when out of nowhere they
      start talking about some ****(there are not harsh enough expletives
      for this kind of person) who put a huge banner up in...Atlanta, I
      think, saying who dies in the newest Harry Potter book. Silly me, I
      thought they were disgusted by this. That thought however, was
      shattered as the next words out of the DJ's mouth were to NAME THE
      CHARACTER WHO DIES...needless to say...my urge to kill has
      risen...what kind of middle aged loser needs to spoil things for
      people like that? Did these people's Mommies not hug them enough?
      They obviously don't know the joy of reading surprise endings, or
      the anguish that occurs when you find things out too early(such as, my
      stupid friend telling me what happens at the end of book 9 of the
      Wheel of Time, when I'm only on BOOK 4...if you know what happens at
      the end of Winter's Heart, then you can imagine how that feels...)
      Anyway, enough ranting, thought I'd just let everyone know how mean
      spirited and evil some people are.
    • Shannon Wilson
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 22 9:28 AM
        Okay that is sooooo not cool! I was fortunate that I got through the entire book (finished this morning) without anyone spoiling it for me. And let me just say that my mouth fell open a couple of times. I was definantly surprised by a couple of things and look forward to the next book.

        Shannon

        elynsynoseternal <elynsynos@...> wrote:
[...]

        "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

      • Zhye Goatt
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 23 1:02 AM
          I heard on the radio a few days ago that a couple of days before the book
          came out in the UK that betting parlors were actually accepting money on who
          would die in the book, but stopped after some very sketchy bets were placed
          by people who lived by the printing house.
          ZhyeGoatt

          > elynsynoseternal <elynsynos@...> wrote:
          > I was listening to the radio this morning, when out of nowhere they
          > start talking about some ****(there are not harsh enough expletives
          > for this kind of person) who put a huge banner up in...Atlanta, I
          > think, saying who dies in the newest Harry Potter book. Silly me, I
          > thought they were disgusted by this. That thought however, was
          > shattered as the next words out of the DJ's mouth were to NAME THE
          > CHARACTER WHO DIES...needless to say...my urge to kill has
          > risen...what kind of middle aged loser needs to spoil things for
          > people like that? Did these people's Mommies not hug them enough?
          > They obviously don't know the joy of reading surprise endings, or
          > the anguish that occurs when you find things out too early(such as, my
          > stupid friend telling me what happens at the end of book 9 of the
          > Wheel of Time, when I'm only on BOOK 4...if you know what happens at
          > the end of Winter's Heart, then you can imagine how that feels...)
          > Anyway, enough ranting, thought I'd just let everyone know how mean
          > spirited and evil some people are.
          >

          > ShadowRealms, discussion of great fantasy!

        • ananda_of_the_bells
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 23 4:13 AM
            Havens, you are absolutely correct, some people have no manners
            whatsoever! Hopefully you will still be able to enjoy the story despite
            that tactless person. Sincerely, Teresa
          • bj hunter
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 23 1:04 PM
              I hope so too. With a book like that, you have to stay away from the
              internet and radio, until you are finished. Some people don't
              understand how long a year is to wait for avid fans. I can't imagine
              what next year will be like when the final book comes out. Happy
              reading! BJ

              > Hopefully you will still be able to enjoy the story despite
              > that tactless person. Sincerely, Teresa
            • Lucien Ward
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 24 1:40 AM
                --- Shannon Wilson <sew2974@...> wrote:

                > Okay that is sooooo not cool! I was fortunate that
                > I got through the entire book (finished this
                > morning) without anyone spoiling it for me. And let
                > me just say that my mouth fell open a couple of
                > times. I was definantly surprised by a couple of
                > things and look forward to the next book.
                >
                > Shannon

                I'm not quite finished with it yet. Thought I was
                leading up to the infamous 'person who dies' part lsat
                night but it turned out not to be. Although i still
                have suspicions about the same character.

                I feel almost blackmailed into reading it ahead of
                other things just to keep from having it spoiled!

                Luke

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • Heidi
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 24 10:32 AM
                  Just to clear it up it was 2 years wait between books and I am hoping
                  it is no more than that for the last one. Please, please, please.

                  > Some people don't
                  > understand how long a year is to wait for avid fans. I can't imagine
                  > what next year will be like when the final book comes out. Happy
                  > reading! BJ
                • bj hunter
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 25 9:51 AM
                    Oh was it? I watched JK Rowling on A&E Biography last week and the
                    final book is done. She had the final chapter and showed the envelope
                    to the camera. I was shocked that she wrote some of the first book on
                    napkins because she couldn't afford paper! She only made $4000 on the
                    first book. BJ

                  • alyssa-tauber@uiowa.edu
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jul 25 10:04 AM
                      Actually the last book isn't done. She's had the last chapter of the last book
                      written for a while, at least she announced it was written around the time of
                      the fifth book (I think, it may have been before that). But she's said recently
                      that she's going to take some time off to be with family and her new baby, and
                      then start to write the 7th book. Hopefully the 7th book won't take too long,
                      since it's mostly smoothing everything together.
                      Alyssa