RE: [ShadowRealms] Digest Number 1714

  • Kit Stringer
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 29, 2005
      I really love LKH, i adore Obsidian Butterfly, it's a great series, IMAHO it
      has got a bit too smutty, i was struggling to find the real plot in Cerulean
      Sins... but that's just me,

      >>Who's your favorite character, beside from Anita??
      Oh Edward is my favourite, what a psychopath, i wish he would come back for
      another run...

      I loved LJS too, i was really into them about 10 years ago when they first
      came out, but i am still waiting patiently for the last one to come out...
      they really did rock.

      I love Kelley Armstrong, Rachel Caine (her weather warden series is really,
      really good) Kim Harrison (just finished The Good the Bad and the Undead -
      and i want more), Kristain Britain green rideri have just finsihed reading,
      and i liked it. I love Jim Butcher too, can't wait for the next
      instalmant... Christopher Golden Devil Heart Angel Souls is really good,
      short but good, and the series he did with Rick Hatula about a trainee Med
      Student and all the Weird things that go on, it's kinda like CSI for the
      teens. Peter Dickinson's The Ropemaker - was classic reading too (more YA),
      Robin McKinley (Sunshine, Deerskin, Hero and the Crown), Mercedes Lacey (the
      Tarma & Kethry Books are Oathbound, Oathbood & Oathsworn, then Kethry's
      daughter Kerowyn is in By the Sword) and Tamora Pierce, more YA but great
      when i was that age, and bring back lots of memories.

      But currently i am reading the Fat of the Land by John Seymour, i am sure
      not you're thing - but i really like to hear that i am not alone in my self
      sufficient nightmares (a very very horny cockerel to be exact, who's driving
      my poor hens mad!)

      But that's me...

      Kellen
    • momof2nastyboys@verizon.net
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 29, 2005
        You will be hard pressed to find any plot in the following books also. But I just can't stop reading those darned books! BJ

        >I really love LKH, i adore Obsidian Butterfly, it's a great series, IMAHO it
        >has got a bit too smutty, i was struggling to find the real plot in Cerulean
        >Sins... but that's just me,
      • ja'von mccreary
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 29, 2005
          I agree they are a little smutty, but I'm hopling that
          the next one will get on with the plot she left off at
          a very interesting point in Incubus Dreams
          --- momof2nastyboys@... wrote:
          > You will be hard pressed to find any plot in the
          > following books also. But I just can't stop reading
          > those darned books! BJ
          >
          > >I really love LKH, i adore Obsidian Butterfly, it's
          > a great series, IMAHO it
          > >has got a bit too smutty, i was struggling to find
          > the real plot in Cerulean
          > >Sins... but that's just me,

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Charity
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 29, 2005
            From: Raven <harpest@...>

            > ...and let me just say, don't try to skip ahead even

            > like ten pages so many things can happen and you're
            > just left going back to where you left off. ^_^ (I'm

            > a bad little girl and like to try to skip ahead to
            > see what's happening and I can't do it on these
            > books)

            Oh, I know! I keep skimming because I want to know
            what happens and then I end up going, Wait...what??
            and have to go back and reread.

            > Who's your favorite character, beside from Anita??

            I am very intrigued by Jean Claude, I must admit...
            but then I do so love vampire myth and lore... Since
            most new characters get killed off I'm learning to not
            get too attached to anyone, you know?

            @-->-- @-->-- @-->-- @-->-- @-->-- @-->-- @-->-- @-->--
            "She is like a cat in the dark, and yet she is the darkness."
            Ember_Thunderwolf@...
            @-->-- @-->-- @-->-- @-->-- @-->-- @-->-- @-->-- @-->--

          • Raven
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 30, 2005
              > > Who's your favorite character, beside from Anita??
              >
              > I am very intrigued by Jean Claude, I must admit...
              > but then I do so love vampire myth and lore... Since
              > most new characters get killed off I'm learning to not
              > get too attached to anyone, you know?

              I know exactly what you mean. At least most of the characters that are
              killed off deserve it...not that they don't keep trying to kill off
              the ones that we like.

              As for Jean Claude...yummy. ^_^;; I absolutely love him, although he
              has his moments. I wish Anita would stop being so off and on with him.
              She's down right mean to him at times. ^___^ I have to admit I like
              vampries quite a bit, but then again, in most of what you read (or
              maybe just what I read) of vampires they're sensual beings, they may
              suck your blood, but you don't really care that they're doing it.
            • tracey deas
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 30, 2005
                i love both laurell hamilton's series the anita blake and tbe merry gentry but from the anita blake series one of my faverites is nathaniel one of the wereleopards

                Raven <harpest@...> wrote:> > Who's your favorite character, beside from Anita??

                > I am very intrigued by Jean Claude, I must admit...
                > but then I do so love vampire myth and lore... Since
                > most new characters get killed off I'm learning to not
                > get too attached to anyone, you know?

                I know exactly what you mean. At least most of the characters that are
                killed off deserve it...not that they don't keep trying to kill off
                the ones that we like.

                As for Jean Claude...yummy. ^_^;; I absolutely love him, although he
                has his moments. I wish Anita would stop being so off and on with him.
                She's down right mean to him at times. ^___^ I have to admit I like
                vampries quite a bit, but then again, in most of what you read (or
                maybe just what I read) of vampires they're sensual beings, they may
                suck your blood, but you don't really care that they're doing it.

              • tarnished_unicorn69
                Message 7 of 7 , May 3, 2005
                  Hello to all ,back after first my power supply blowing, changing to a
                  different tower,and then my keyboard going schitzo,been busy other
                  than that,so hi to all

                  --- In ShadowRealms@yahoogroups.com, "Kit Stringer
                  viciouslittlething@h...> wrote: I really ﷯love﷯ LKH, i adore Obsidian
                  Butterfly, it's a great series, IMAHO it has got a bit too smutty, i
                  was struggling to find the real plot in Cerulean Sins... but that's
                  just me,

                  "my opinion" I came to the conclusion a long time ago that the plot
                  line in these books was the freedom of moral decay in her life.

                  <<<Who's your favorite character, beside from Anita??>>>>

                  I agree about edward coming back but I also just wish to read more
                  about any of them.