Re: Hambly & Star Wars

  • Bernice .
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 1999
      >I just finished reading Children of the Jedi by Barbara Hambly. What was it
      >that people in the other discussion group didn't like about Callista?
      >
      >Anne

      i really have no idea. I think it may have been Hambly's style that they
      didn't like. I'm just making a guess, but in comparison to other female
      characters that have been created in the Star Wars universe, she isn't as
      strong. Personally, i really liked her character, and she's one of my
      favorite characters. I don't know if you've read Timothy Zahn's trilogy,
      but the character he created, Mara Jade, is extremely strong emotionally,
      not necessarily in a positive manner because she never let anyone get close
      to her as a friend. I think they got attached to Zahn's Mara Jade, and
      based their standards upon her.

      Bernice