Re: [ShadowRealms] Spare a little luck?

  • Angela West
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 17, 2004
      I haven't felt this nervous and excited since grade school.

      Spare a little luck? I'm gonna need lots of it.

      -R

      *crosses fingers and toes*

      Angela
    • s650789@telopea.act.edu.au
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 17, 2004
        don't want my luck.
        'tis BAD.
        so, against the spirit of giving, sharing and all that other chistmas stuff that i never pay any atention to, i shall hoard it all for myself.

        my fwiend (non-typo) has just said that it was a bad thing to say while wearing a christmas hat (i luv chrissy hats, they're so......pom-pomy!) so i shall just comment that, from what i've read of what you can write, you dunna need no luck, mate (go aussies!!!).
        i will also add that if you release your book in this sunburt country of sweeping plains, i will buy it and force my fwiends to buy it (not that i'll need to force them).

        yay jingle bells!!!!!!

        ta-ta darlings.

        p.s. i would like to point out that i am writing like this (light, bubbly and generally different to how i write most of the time) because of a very suspicious black american liquid called coca cola *hic*.

        p.p.s. what is grade school???

        p.p.p.s. as an extra confidence boost (while still withholding my BAD luck), if something like the following poem (which is eternally hated by ALL aussies because of the torture we have to go throught sudying it in primary school, high school, college and sometimes even university) can be published, then your book can be no problemo!!!

        The love of field and coppice,
        Of green and shaded lanes,
        Of ordered woods and gardens
        Is running in your veins.
        Strong love of grey-blue distance,
        Brown streams and soft, dim skies -
        I know but cannot share it,
        My love is otherwise.
        I love a sunburnt country,
        A land of sweeping plains,
        Of ragged mountain ranges,
        Of droughts and flooding rains.
        I love her far horizons,
        I love her jewel-sea,
        Her beauty and her terror �
        The wide brown land for me!

        The stark white ring-barked forests,
        All tragic to the moon,
        The sapphire-misted mountains,
        The hot gold hush of noon,
        Green tangle of the brushes
        Where lithe lianas coil,
        And orchids deck the tree-tops,
        And ferns the warm dark soil.

        Core of my heart, my country!
        Her pitiless blue sky,
        When, sick at heart, around us
        We see the cattle die �
        But then the grey clouds gather,
        And we can bless again
        The drumming of an army,
        The steady soaking rain.

        Core of my heart, my country!
        Land of the rainbow gold,
        For flood and fire and famine
        She pays us back threefold.
        Over the thirsty paddocks,
        Watch, after many days,
        The filmy veil of greenness
        That thickens as we gaze.

        An opal-hearted country,
        A wilful, lavish land �
        All you who have not loved her,
        You will not understand �
        Though earth holds many splendours,
        Wherever I may die,
        I know to what brown country
        My homing thoughts will fly.

        memories, *shudder*

        --
        This email remains the property of Telopea Park School. This transmission and
        any accompanying attachments may contain confidential or legally privileged
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 17, 2004
          lots of luck to you

          --- In ShadowRealms@yahoogroups.com, Rob Fanney <mithorden@y...>
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 19, 2004
            Good luck, Rob!

          • Kim Vaz
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 20, 2004

              > I haven't felt this nervous and excited since grade school.
              >
              > Spare a little luck? I'm gonna need lots of it.
              >
              > -R

              *Gives all the good luck she's got*
              Hope that helps
              --Kim
              --
              'Tis the time's plague when madmen lead the blind"