Re: the books i am reading

  • Cenire Ikua
    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 15, 2004
      i finally finished catch-22 which i loved and im now getting back into anne
      rice as well as a few other books...curse my inability to read only one book
      at a time!

      Life is far too important a thing to ever talk seriously about. - Oscar
      Wilde

      Cenire

    • alyssa-tauber@uiowa.edu
      Message 2 of 17 , Nov 15, 2004
        I'm in the process of reading a few right now, The Gormenghast Novels by
        Mervyn Peake: Titus Groan, Gormenghast, Titus Alone, which are so far very
        good, and then Joseph Conrad's Nostromo for my Conrad class, and just finished
        The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky, which was fun, probably
        not too useful for those over 25 though.
        Alyssa, ::who used to be Ashredfern1@..., but is at school now::

        "You live in terror of not being misunderstood." -Mandy Slade to Brian Slade;
        Velvet Goldmine

        Quoting Cenire Ikua <darksea133@...>:

        > i finally finished catch-22 which i loved and im now getting back into anne
        >
        > rice as well as a few other books...curse my inability to read only one book
        >
        > at a time!
        >

        > Life is far too important a thing to ever talk seriously about. - Oscar
        >
        > Wilde
        >

        > Cenire

        > hthttp://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/
        >

        > ShadowRealms, discussion of great fantasy!
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • tarnished_unicorn69
        Message 3 of 17 , Nov 15, 2004
          for those of you who are interested you can download some free books
          here ie the below mentioned werehunter being one of them
          http://www.baen.com/library/

          <<<<visionary_druid@y...> wrote:
          My next venture is Werehunter by Mercedes Lackey. The past couple
          months, I've noticed she's the only author I can get into except
          Sherrilyn Kenyon whom I'm waiting for her full length novel in
          december.>>>>
        • Kim Vaz
          Message 4 of 17 , Nov 16, 2004
            I just finsihed reading K.A. Appalegate's Everworld seris, aswell as
            King Lear(for school). Currently, I'm reading "Heart of Darkness" by
            Joseph Conrad, for my english class. I'm also re-reading "The Sword of
            Shannarah" by Terry Brooks, and "The History of the World in 10 1/2
            Chapters" by JUlian Barnes. Over the next few weeks, I'll be
            re-reading the Shannarah seris, Flauberts Parot by Julian Barnes, Nine
            Stories by J.D. Salinger, and Matlida by Ronald Dahl.
            In a short amount of time, I have to start reading my isp novel, and I
            was wondering if anyone ahs read the "Life of Pi", and recomends i
            over 1984
            Thanks
            ---Kim
            --
            'Tis the time's plague when madmen lead the blind"
          • Katherine Lazo
            Message 5 of 17 , Nov 16, 2004
              I recently finished reading Furies of Calderon by Jim Butcher, Industrial Magic by Kelley Armstrong, Tempting Danger by Eileen Wilks, Master of the Night by Angela Knight and re-reading Dog Warrior by Wen Spencer.

              Katherine

              "There's nothing so satisfying as a nice big kaboom, know what I mean? Gives you a real sense of emotional closure."
              -- Sean McCloud, in Behind Closed Doors by Shannon McKenna

            • Cenire Ikua
              Message 6 of 17 , Nov 17, 2004
                "You live in terror of not being misunderstood." -Mandy Slade to Brian
                Slade;-Velvet Goldmine

                velvet goldmine is my absolute favorite movie of all time...i think it is
                absolute geneous...the seventies in great brittain is my favorite decade
                with my favorite styles and music...i absolutely love glam rock and placebo
                who played a glam rock band in the movie but isnt really glam in real
                life...the movie is absolutely wonderful as long as people are open minded
                about alternate sexualities...after all...everyone knows most people are
                bisexual (quote from the movie)

                "the world is changed because you are made of ivory and gold. the curves of
                your lips rewrite history"- Curt Wilde to Brian Slade

              • alyssa-tauber@uiowa.edu
                Message 7 of 17 , Nov 17, 2004
                  It's my favorite movie too^^ (it's the only one I brought to school with me) I
                  adore Jonathan Rhys-Meyers and his pouts and haughtiness.
                  And yes, Placebo,wonderful, I have a poster over my dorm bed along with anime
                  posters, I saw them in VG, and then got addicted to them later, not even
                  realize it was the same group until watching VG again. I do wish they'd come
                  to the US again ::sigh:: I want to see them live.
                  Alyssa

                  "You live in terror of not being misunderstood." -Mandy Slade to Brian Slade;
                  Velvet Goldmine

                  Quoting Cenire Ikua <darksea133@...>:

                  > "You live in terror of not being misunderstood." -Mandy Slade to Brian
                  > Slade;-Velvet Goldmine
                  >
                  > velvet goldmine is my absolute favorite movie of all time...i think it is
                  > absolute geneous...the seventies in great brittain is my favorite decade
                  > with my favorite styles and music...i absolutely love glam rock and placebo
                  > who played a glam rock band in the movie but isnt really glam in real
                  > life...the movie is absolutely wonderful as long as people are open minded
                  > about alternate sexualities...after all...everyone knows most people are
                  > bisexual (quote from the movie)
                  >
                  > "the world is changed because you are made of ivory and gold. the curves of
                  >
                  > your lips rewrite history"- Curt Wilde to Brian Slade

                • Katrina
                  Message 8 of 17 , Nov 18, 2004
                    Well, I've become rather fond of her. *lol* She doesn't have much out, but the Green Rider series (currently only a duology) is of the fantasy genre quite similar to Mercedes Lackey and her Valdemar series if you're a fan of those. ^.^

                    hugz,
                    Katrina
                    Message 9 of 17 , Nov 18, 2004
                      In a message dated 04-11-18 09:19:52 EST, Katrina wrote:

                      << She doesn't have much out, but the Green Rider series (currently only a
                      duology) is of the fantasy genre quite similar to Mercedes Lackey and her
                      Valdemar series if you're a fan of those. >>

                      As a point of interest, Kristen is working on the third book in the Green
                      Rider series. I don't have any information about when it will be done or when
                      it's supposed to come out.

                      Anne
                    • R Self
                      Message 10 of 17 , Nov 22, 2004
                        Coolness. I would love to read another book in the Green Rider series. I
                        feel there where many things that they left dangling. I enjoed the second
                        book, but would like to see what happens beyond it. Totally.

                        Thanks for the info!
                        -Becka