Re: [ShadowRealms]I just noticed something

  • Beth
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 5, 2004
      It's been a while since I've read that one, but I believe you, lol.

      What you're referring to was actually a production company, not a commercial. I forget what show it was shown at the end of (you know how at the end of a show, they always show the production co. with some cute cartoon or other silly thing - like David Letterman's is World Wide Pants..uh....oh...Oprah's is Harpo and they show her pulling the letters out - you get the idea). But they would just show a picture of a dog - a black lab I think and you'd hear a guy say "Sit Boo boo, sit. Good dog." Woof! (I think it was Boo boo...but you could be right it could be Ubu...).

      So there's my utterly useless addition for the day. I swear, my brain remembers the weirdest shit. I'm sure I sound like a total freak now...haha...I must have watched the show for that production co. or something to remember that....

      Ok...carry on with the more interesting banter...heh...

      Elissa Holtmeier <peridott8@...> wrote:
      In "Shadows and Light", which I am currently
      re-reading again I noticed the funniest thing
      (don't worry this doesn't spoild anything) but on page
      377 Adolfo is talking to one of his inquisitors and he
      says (this is a direct quote from the book) "Sit Ubel.
      Sit." all I wanted to say afterwards was good dog,
      like that commercial from forever ago where you just
      see a dog and hear a person saying "Sit Ubu. Sit. Good
      Dog."

      Did anyone else notice this? Cause i thought it was
      hilarious!
      And out of curiousity, Anne did you do that on
      purpose, or no?

      Ok I'm going back to my hole now, byebye!

      ~Liss

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

    • E'ile Elf

          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 5, 2004
            --- In ShadowRealms@yahoogroups.com, Dawn McKelvey
            <nbr1bookworm@y...> wrote:
            > That was played at the end of the X-Files episodes......I loved
            the X-Files (mourning)

            I liked that show also, really creepy! Dh thought is was supposed to
            be real, and when I told him there was no way, he quit watching it.
            He doesn't believe in aliens anyway and neither do I. BJ
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 6, 2004
              In a message dated 04-08-04 18:52:44 EDT, Liss wrote:

              << And out of curiousity, Anne did you do that on
              purpose, or no? >>

              Not with any intention of reflecting anything outside the story. That was
              just Adolfo and Adolfo's voice in that scene.