Re: blood marriage names

  • kathleen_luu
    Message 1 of 31 , Jul 3, 2004
      I think the case you are talking about is the Sandiablo name.
      Dorthea
      > took it because she wanted the status the name accorded.

      I haven't re-read the books for so long, but I think Jaenelle's
      mother took her husband name, Benedict. Isn't that why Wilhelmina's
      last name is Benedict and not Angelline?
    • Lauren McCullough
      Message 31 of 31 , Jul 6, 2004
        --- In ShadowRealms@yahoogroups.com, "Bernice ." <jaenelle_13@h...>
        wrote:
        :) On page 247 about half way down the page, it follows the scene
        with Jaenelle and Dark Dancer. Daemon contemplates about who knows
        about Jaenelle's abilities as Witch, and the people (her "family")
        who don't. He formally calls her "Lady Jaenelle Benedict". Just
        thought I'd share :)

        > Bernice

        There's also another scene when Jaenelle is reading in her family's
        private library where Daemon enters and addresses her as "Lady
        Benedict" and she corrects him without even looking up from her book
        (that's my girl!). She must have felt comfortable enough with him by
        then to absentmindedly correct him because no one else in her house
        at that time would ever think of calling her Lady Angelline instead.
        I don't think she'd tell her "family" ::cough, cough:: so lightly.
        The new cover art is fabulous! I've been drooling ever since I
        found out there was going to be another story set in the realms of
        the Blood. Now with a cover to look at I'm pratically climbing up
        the walls waiting for it to come out! Though I do miss the black
        widows crawling around the borders... ;)

        ~Lauren