OT: gmail

    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 29, 2004
      Miaka (aka Diora) wrote:

      > have that problem. Perhaps in the next few weeks if other people get
      > accounts we can start passing them around, Kandra needs one first
      > though.

      Thanks! I've also heard of people auctioning them off etc.
      It's a great idea to spread them around...so, when I do
      get my gmail account, I'll offer most of my invites to
      the list :)

      K.
    • Kristin Thacker
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 29, 2004
        Ah yes. I have obtained an account this evening too, and so has my
        roommate so I have some invites coming soon. :)

        If you look hard enough you can find a few people that are just
        looking to get them taken off their hands. They are selling on ebay
        from $0.08 to $10,000. Who in there right mind would pay that? Some
        other people are running contest: ie funniest story, best logo, ect.
        I also know a site that you can list what you want to swap for one (if
        any).

        Gmail is just a fade, and will (in the near future) be available to
        the public. The invites are increasing exponentially so sooner or
        later everyone will have one if it doesn't open to the public. Either
        way the demand will decrease, so it will be much easier to obtain one.

        I am sure you all didn't need that much information, but all the
        looking around I have done tonight left me in awe.

        Kristin
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 30, 2004
          Kristen wrote:

          > Ah yes. I have obtained an account this evening too, and so has my
          > roommate so I have some invites coming soon. :)

          Oh, I haven't received one yet :) Congrats on getting yours though!

          > If you look hard enough you can find a few people that are just
          > looking to get them taken off their hands. They are selling on ebay

          How dumb...to be buying them off ebay etc.!

          > Gmail is just a fade, and will (in the near future) be available to
          > the public. The invites are increasing exponentially so sooner or

          The main reason I want one is for the storage. It will give me
          another place to store important files, such as all the files
          for Anne's website :)

          > I am sure you all didn't need that much information, but all the
          > looking around I have done tonight left me in awe.

          I can well imagine <g>!

          Kandra
        • Bernice .
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 30, 2004
            Kristin wrote:

            << Ah yes. I have obtained an account this evening too, and so has my
            roommate so I have some invites coming soon. :) >>

            I already sent this to Diora only, but if someone could give me an invite, I
            would be eternally grateful :D I agree with spreading the invites on the
            list!

            Bernice

            Add photos to your messages with MSN Premium. Get 2 months FREE*
          • Kristin Thacker
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 30, 2004
              Well, I was offered another account, but I thought that you might like
              it since I already have one. Here is the link. The guy who invited
              prolly put my name in it, but all you have to do is change it. Click
              the link and enter you info and it will start up your account.:)

              http://gmail.google.com/gmail/a-547d066939-335818d764

              Kristin :)
            • Kristin Thacker
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 30, 2004
                That link is for you Kandra. Didn't think about it till after I sent
                it, should have done it off group, but I am sure everyone in the group
                is honest enough not to take it, plus if they do, the link will tell
                me who did.

                Kristin
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 30, 2004
                  > That link is for you Kandra. Didn't think about it till after I sent
                  > it, should have done it off group, but I am sure everyone in the group
                  > is honest enough not to take it, plus if they do, the link will tell
                  > me who did.

                  Thank you, Kristen! I waited until this message came through
                  before going over there...wanted to make sure it was
                  for me :) I *really* appreciate it!! :)

                  I'll post to the list when I get my invite(s) to see who still
                  wants/needs one.

                  Kandra
                • Kristin Thacker
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 30, 2004
                    Your most welcome!! What in the world would I do with 2 gigs of space,
                    well I could think of a few things, but I don't need it. ENJOY!!
                    *hugs*

                    Kristin
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 30, 2004
                      > Your most welcome!! What in the world would I do with 2 gigs of space,
                      > well I could think of a few things, but I don't need it. ENJOY!!
                      > *hugs*

                      *hugs* backatcha, Kristen! :)

                      Kandra