More than likely I am wrong so please

  • Raquel Norton
    Message 1 of 23 , Feb 25, 2004
      put me straight. Towards the second book in the Black Trilogy when
      they are going to see Janelle new house there is a horse mention by
      the name of Sundance. In Pillars of the World I believe there was
      also a horse mention by the name of Sundancer. Are they the same or
      am I just losing it slightly and getting confused?

      Raquel
    • Kimberly Deford

        Message 3 of 23 , Feb 25, 2004
          Sundance and Sundancer are different horses.. different people in the
          books... so different animals, too.
          Completley different worlds.

          http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools
        • tarnished_unicorn69
          Message 4 of 23 , Feb 25, 2004
            (just a stray thought) I am glad about that, jewelled tempers and
            witch hunters in the same world,ouch,well anyway I know which side I
            would be putting my bets on

            --- In ShadowRealms@yahoogroups.com, "Valerie W."

            Message 5 of 23 , Feb 26, 2004
              Thanks for the info. I thought I was mistaken. Names were just so
              close it just threw me for a little while.

              Raquel
            • Rowan222@aol.com
              Message 6 of 23 , Feb 26, 2004
                Yea that would not be pretty would it? i just finished reading the Black
                Jewels Trilogy again, it's so interesting to re read books and find stuff you
                missed the first time around.
                Renee

                In a message dated 2/26/2004 1:24:46 AM Eastern Standard Time,
                tarnished_unicorn69@... writes:
                (just a stray thought) I am glad about that, jewelled tempers and
                witch hunters in the same world,ouch,well anyway I know which side I
                would be putting my bets on

              • Mai Nguyen
                Message 7 of 23 , Feb 26, 2004
                  Hey,

                  I haven't read the other trilogy (for the life of me I can't
                  spell it) with the witches yet, but I did want to comment on the name
                  thing. I know some authors who reuse a name that they thought was
                  interesting. Nora Roberts does it quite a bit, and it's a little
                  disconcerting to read about a character with the same name when you
                  have memories of another character. :)

                  > Yea that would not be pretty would it? i just finished reading the
                  > Black Jewels Trilogy again, it's so interesting to re read books
                  > and find stuff you missed the first time around.

                  And what did you miss the first time around that you didn't
                  this time? Just curious. :D I'm thinking about re-reading it, too,
                  and I just finished it! I'll end up buying the books after all. ;)

                  Mai

                  =====
                  yahoo: fadededges
                  aim: fadededges/angeloffish
                  msn: fadededges@...

                  (one-stop resource for all your gaming needs)

                  (how much do you really know?)

                  Message 8 of 23 , Feb 26, 2004
                    Just little things, like the attack on Wilhemina, how Lucivar kept her from
                    being hurt, and how excited Greysfang was that Surreal could hear him, and the
                    part between Jaenelle and The Arachan queen(sorry about the spelling) and just
                    other little things. and other things that might spoil the story for anyone
                    who hasnt read the second books. Like Kartane.
                    Renee

                    Message 9 of 23 , Feb 26, 2004
                      Hey,

                      Okay, I don't know what the spoiler rule is for this list, but I'll
                      go ahead and add it so people won't get spoiled. This is for BJT. :)

                      1
                      2
                      2
                      3
                      3
                      4
                      5
                      5
                      6
                      6
                      7
                      7

                      4
                      3
                      3

                      3
                      2

                      The sad thing is, I only have a vague memory on most of these.
                      I do remember Greysfang and Surreal, I thought it was cute that she
                      would kick him out of her bed and he would just crawl right back in.
                      And it was great when the wolf followed them to the camp where
                      Lucivar and Sartan (is that right? I'm bad with names...) were being
                      held. And I don't remember the part betwen Jaenelle and the spider
                      queen.... Didn't they have a few scenes together? I loved the Queen,
                      she was a beautiful character even though she didn't have too much
                      writing time, she played such an instrumental role in the book. For
                      such a tiny creatures, she really got things done, like getting all
                      the Kindred together and building the Web for Jaenelle with all the
                      dreams. Gotta love the minor characters that support the plot. :)

                      Mai

                      =====

                      Message 10 of 23 , Feb 26, 2004
                        You pointed out just what i was talking about! lol. Spoilers
                        1
                        1
                        1
                        1
                        1
                        1
                        1
                        1
                        1
                        1
                        1
                        1
                        1
                        1
                        1
                        1
                        1
                        1
                        1
                        My favorite part was when Surreal threathned to smack Greysfang if he got
                        muddy after she gave him a bath that left him smelling like flowers. poor thing!
                        i can almost picture his poor face..i've sen the same look on my dogs face
                        after a bath! And i meant the part in the beginning of Queen when Jaenelle has
                        done the web, leaves and the spider sees her web and is like "you cant!"
                        although my favorite book is probably Heir to the Shadows, mainly because it
                        introduces all jaenelles friends(or almost all) i like Karla, shes somethimng else.
                        you know, by the end, all of the covemn and the boyos have become Queens and
                        Consorts. but Karla doesnt have one i dont believe. I always wondered why. if
                        Morton hadnt been her cousin, maybe he would have been, but we'll never know now.
                        Renee

                        In a message dated 2/26/2004 2:42:31 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                        fadededges@... writes:
[...]

                      • Rinoa
                        Message 11 of 23 , Feb 26, 2004
                          Quick question. What is the order of the Fae trilogy?

                          "I believe in God, only I spell it Nature." Frank Lloyd Wright

                          "I'll be waiting here for you, so if you come here, you'll find me....
                          I promise."
                          ~*Squall Leonhart FFVIII

                          " Nin o Chithaeglir, lasto Beth daer: Rimmo nin Bruinen Dan in Ulaer!"

                        • Mai Nguyen
                          Message 12 of 23 , Feb 26, 2004
                            From the AB site:

                            The Pillars of The World
                            Roc (October 2001) ISBN 0451458508

                            Shadows and Light
                            Roc (October 2002) ISBN 0451458990

                            The House of Gaian
                            Roc (October 2003) ISBN 0451459423

                            Message 13 of 23 , Feb 26, 2004
                              Pillars Of The World, Shadows And Light and The House Of Gaian. Took me a
                              while to figure it out myself!
                              Renee

                              Message 14 of 23 , Feb 26, 2004
                                Although I posted it in the heading I'll leave a gap too.

                                !
                                @
                                #
                                $
                                %
                                ^
                                &
                                *
                                (
                                )
                                1
                                2
                                3
                                4
                                5
                                6
                                7
                                8
                                8

                                ok that should be safe!

                                As far as Jaenelle's friends went I really would have liked to see more of the centaurs. I really liked Astara. To read a story about the Dea Al Mon would be interesting too, maybe about Surreal's mother's family. Some of my favorite scenes was when Daemon was with Jaenelle when she was little. Like when they were playing in the snow. It kind of showed (to me anyway) that he really was a very deep person, because he could be playful and caring as well as the Sadist.

                                Love and Light,
                                )O( Celest )O(

                                Message 15 of 23 , Feb 26, 2004
                                  1
                                  1
                                  1
                                  1
                                  1
                                  1
                                  1
                                  1
                                  1
                                  1
                                  1
                                  1
                                  1
                                  1
                                  1
                                  1

                                  Gotta agree with you there the snowball fight was cute.And the part where she
                                  teaches him air walking. just little moments like that. Yea i wish there had
                                  been more of the centuars too, they were awesome, and Surreals people.
                                  Renee

                                    Message 17 of 23 , Feb 26, 2004

                                      << Quick question. What is the order of the Fae trilogy?

                                      The Pillars of the World
                                      Shadows and Light
                                      The House of Gaian

                                      Anne
                                    • Kimberly Deford
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Feb 26, 2004
                                        Rowan222@... wrote:You pointed out just what i was talking about! lol. Spoilers

                                        fadededges@... writes:
                                        Hey,

                                        Okay, I don't know what the spoiler rule is for this list, but I'll
                                        go ahead and add it so people won't get spoiled. This is for BJT. :)

                                        1
                                        2My favorite characters were Lucivar, Seaton, and Kaelas. I loved the fact that no one wanted to get Kaelas upset. Or when Kaelas put his paw on top of Ludvarian when they were young and Ludvarian said "my lady" and Kaelas put his paw on top of him, then he squeezed out and said "our Lady". It was just so cute.

                                        Message 19 of 23 , Feb 29, 2004
                                          Hey,

                                          Okay, I'm stealing your spoiler. Too lazy to make my own. :D

                                          !
                                          @
                                          #
                                          $
                                          %
                                          ^
                                          &
                                          *
                                          (
                                          )
                                          1
                                          2
                                          3
                                          4
                                          5
                                          6
                                          7
                                          8
                                          8

                                          Some of my favorite parts of the trilogy: I loved the play
                                          between Greysfang and Surreal. I loved Surreal as a character by
                                          herself, and to have such a cool playmate was excellent. I would love
                                          to see more of them, including more about Surreal's heritage from the
                                          Dea al Mon. I also liked reading about Daemon's stay with Jaenelle
                                          when she was younger. Those scenes are touching.

                                          I also loved the scene when Daemon and Luciver see each other
                                          for the first time in a long while, during the fair. It was at once a
                                          bittersweet and humorous scene. Just thought I'd throw that in there.
                                          :) And the scene when Daemon is trying to leave the island and the
                                          horse Jaenelle loved came and took him to the tree. That was an
                                          excellent scene, made me teary. :)

                                          > you know, by the end, all of the covemn and the boyos have become
                                          > Queens and Consorts. but Karla doesnt have one i dont believe. I
                                          > always wondered why. if Morton hadnt been her cousin, maybe he
                                          > would have been, but we'll never know now.

                                          I didn't notice that. Thanks for pointing that out. I had such
                                          a hard time keeping up with the influx of new characters, so I didn't
                                          even count up how many Queens and Consorts there were and who they
                                          paired up with in the end.

                                          Mai

                                          =====

                                          Message 20 of 23 , Feb 29, 2004
                                            No problem. it just got me thinking is all.
                                            Renee

                                            In a message dated 2/29/2004 3:19:19 AM Eastern Standard Time,
                                            fadededges@... writes:
                                            I didn't notice that. Thanks for pointing that out. I had such
                                            a hard time keeping up with the influx of new characters, so I didn't
                                            even count up how many Queens and Consorts there were and who they
                                            paired up with in the end.

                                            Mai

                                          • Lauren McCullough
                                            Message 21 of 23 , Feb 29, 2004
                                              My favorite scene is when Daemon is in the garden at the end of
                                              Queen. Hands down. I cry every time, but I'm such a sap for that
                                              sort of thing! My other favs are when Surreal has a little "chat"
                                              with Jaenelle and also when Daemon and Lucivar have to be helped into
                                              bed after drinking more than seven gravediggers apiece. Now that was
                                              funny.

                                              ~Lauren

                                              *Oh, and thank you for the welcome everybody!
                                            • Rinoa
                                              Message 22 of 23 , Feb 29, 2004
                                                one of my other favs i have to say is when (i don't remember what happened) but Saeten wakes up and see Lucivar and thinks/says : Ah, Lucivar, all three of him.

                                                or something to that extent.

                                                Love and Light,
                                                )O( Celest )O(

                                                Message 23 of 23 , Mar 1, 2004
                                                  That was funny. i kept reading that part over and over again.
                                                  Renee