Twilights Dawn, Queen of Ebon Askavi

  • Kalen vuysher
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 17, 2004
      My understanding of Twilights Dawn is that it was
      formed by the Power of the Webs Jaennelle fell thru
      after unleashing the Ebony, therefore it only has a
      hint of Black in it as only 2 strands of the Black Web
      broke when Daemon slowed her down. Ebony is stronger
      than the Black and it was the Black that made her
      Queen of Ebon Askavi and Ebony that made her Witch.
      When the Triangle return to the Keep Draca says the
      Queen is gone and the Dark Court is no more, that
      suggests to me that Jaennelle can no longer be Queen
      of Ebon Askavi, and as Draca is who she is she should
      know. This is of course just my interpretation of what
      i read. i could b so off base, feel free to debate it
      :D

      Jason

      =====
      Life may not be the party we imagined, but while we are here we might as well dance

      vuysher@...
      http://www.geocities.com/nc4hcamp

    • c91xgirl@aol.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 17, 2004
        I always thought that to be Witch you had to be a black jeweled queen who was
        also dreams made flesh. That's why Cassandra wasn't actually Witch the way
        Jaenelle was. Cassandra wore the black, but she wasn't dreams made flesh. I also
        understood Twilight's Dawn as being the powers from the webs Jaenelle fell
        through, which would mean it's not as strong as the black, since only 2 strands
        from the black broke. Witch is always the Queen of Ebon Askavi. Witch always
        wears the black. But now, Jaenelle doesn't wear the black, she wears the new
        jewel. So, can't be the Queen of Ebon Askavi. Of course, she's still a queen,
        black widow and healer (at least, I believe so...), she just isn't Queen of Ebon
        Askavi. I do have one question though...is Jaenelle still Dreams made Flesh?
        Becuase, if she is, doesn't that make her Witch? Is it possible to be only
        part Witch? (i.e. dreams made flesh without wearing the black)
        Or, of course, I could be totally wrong and have no idea what I'm talking
        about. Either way, that was my two cents worth.
        ~Magelet

      • Crystal Dolphin
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 17, 2004
          Greetings

          To be Witch from my understanding, you just had to be dreams made flesh,
          remember all of the pictures Draca showed Daemon, some were only one species of
          Kindred, some were like Jaenelle, a mix of human and Kindred. It was a human
          definition that Witch was a Black Jewelled Queen who ruled from Ebon Askavi.
          Cassandra was considered Witch by those who served her including Saetan and she
          was a Black Jewelled Queen and Black Widow who was Queen of Ebon Askavi for a
          time. Remember she faked her own death to be there when Jaenelle arrived, not
          realising the truth in what she saw in her own tangled web.

          Twilight's Dawn was given by Lorn even before the webs Jaenelle fell through
          were created. Twilight's Dawn was given to the Kindred when they were
          collecting memories for the Weavers to weave into the web to help anchor
          Jaenelle when she unleased all of her power to cleanse The Blood, it was not nor
          is not linked to any of the current Jewels, including the Ebony. Lorn says that
          is it for Jaenelle and it will be the only one of its kind, implying that it is
          stronger than even the Ebony, which Jaenelle is also the only one to have worn.

          To protect the Kindred, was the only reason Jaenelle made her offering to the
          darkness and became a full Queen and Queen of Ebon Askavi, so when she had
          cleansed the blood, the reason for her to be Queen no longer exist. Draca knew
          this and advised accordingly.

          Regards

          Crystal Dolphin

          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 17, 2004
            I thought she was born Witch, didnt become Witch, just was. but, i've only
            read the books once.
            Renee

            In a message dated 1/17/2004 4:52:08 AM Eastern Standard Time,
            vuysher@... writes:
            My understanding of Twilights Dawn is that it was
            formed by the Power of the Webs Jaennelle fell thru
            after unleashing the Ebony, therefore it only has a
            hint of Black in it as only 2 strands of the Black Web
            broke when Daemon slowed her down. Ebony is stronger
            than the Black and it was the Black that made her
            Queen of Ebon Askavi and Ebony that made her Witch.
            When the Triangle return to the Keep Draca says the
            Queen is gone and the Dark Court is no more, that
            suggests to me that Jaennelle can no longer be Queen
            of Ebon Askavi, and as Draca is who she is she should
            know. This is of course just my interpretation of what
            i read. i could b so off base, feel free to debate it
            :D

            Jason

          • Angela West
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 17, 2004
              I remember having this discussion right after Queen came out. If I remember correctly, the consensus was (at that point in time) was that Jaenelle was and always would be Witch but the Black/Ebony Jewels and her being a queen made her the Queen of Ebon Askavi. She would still be Witch, a queen, a black widow, and a healer, but no longer Queen of Ebon Askavi (which she didn't really want to be in the first place). Also, Twilight's Dawn was slightly weaker than Black, but with the strength of all of the other jewels (it "picked up" the powers of the colors of the webs she was wrapped in during her fall into the abyss). Kandra, do I remember correctly? And of course, this was just all of our speculations. I guess we'll find out in a little less than a year (drools in anticipation).

              Angela

              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 17, 2004
                In a message dated 1/17/2004 8:45:20 AM Eastern Standard Time,
                crystal@... writes:

                > To be Witch from my understanding, you just had to be dreams made flesh,

                Just confirming here. Witch is dreams made flesh. The dreams weren't always
                to have a Black-Jeweled Queen. So Jaenelle is still Witch.

              • Valerie W.
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 17, 2004
                  She was born Witch.

                  --- Rowan222@... wrote:
                  > I thought she was born Witch, didnt become Witch, just was. but, i've
                  > only
                  > read the books once.
                  > Renee

                • Crystal Dolphin
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 17, 2004
                    Thanks Anne
                    crystal@... writes:

                    > To be Witch from my understanding, you just had to be dreams made flesh,

                    Just confirming here. Witch is dreams made flesh. The dreams weren't always
                    to have a Black-Jeweled Queen. So Jaenelle is still Witch.

                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                  • Rowan222@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 19, 2004
                      Thats a relief, i thought i had it confused. :-) thanks
                      Renee

                      In a message dated 1/17/2004 7:48:54 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                      Daisy_16_smile@... writes:
                      She was born Witch.

                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 20, 2004
                        Angela wrote:

                        <<a healer, but no longer Queen of Ebon Askavi (which she didn't really want
                        to be in the first place). Also, Twilight's Dawn was slightly weaker than
                        Black, but with the strength of all of the other jewels (it "picked up" the
                        powers of the colors of the webs she was wrapped in during her fall into the
                        abyss). Kandra, do I remember correctly? And of course, this was just all
                        of our speculations. I guess we'll find out in a little less than a year
                        (drools in anticipation).>>

                        Sorry for the delay in my response. I think the consensus at the time was
                        that it was
                        unknown what TD's power would be, but it would be weaker than the black.
                        Also that she would always be Witch, healer and a queen.

                        K.