Call for International solidarity action January 2012

  • Glenn
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 30, 2011
      Hi International comrades,
      Let us ring in the New Year with another action of international solidarity.

      For your information Occupy Longview in Longview Washington have put out a call to block the shipment of grain at the Port of Longview when it arrives in January 2012. The exact date of arrival is not known yet as the companies are keeping it secret until three days before the arrival.

      For those of you in unions I encourage you to show your support by getting your union to endorse this protest and if possible provide support for the caravans to Longview. In the recent shutdown of ports on the West coast of the US, solidarity greetings came from as far away as Japan. This solidarity greeting was important to many who were preparing for the last shutdowns of the ports.

      Also those not in unions please send e-mails letters of solidarity.

      Glenn

      Call to action from Longview, WA
      Submitted Mon, 12/19/2011 - 08:19

      ***EGT Grain Ship Arrival - Call to Action by Occupy Longview Washington***

      Occupy Longview (Washington) is officially putting out a call to action to block the EGT grain ship expected to arrive mid-January.

      There has already been discussion between occupies in various cities to caravan here to Longview, WA for the purpose of blocking this ship. We, Occupy Longview, are ready to move forward with planning and coordinating to make this action successful.

      We are calling out to all occupies, from New York City down to Florida, all the way through to the West Coast, to join us in solidarity.

      What we will need:

      1) Numbers! We need to have a large turn-out. We need your bodies!

      2) Media coordination/help

      3) Finances/donated funds from larger occupies (for buses, housing early arrivers, etc.)

      Arrangements are already being planned to acquire a donated space or rent a building for the month of January for the purpose of planning, organizing and housing those who may arrive early and/or for those who may come from afar.

      We ask that tens of thousands travel to Longview to join us and make this action the central action for January 2012. Let's kick off 2012! Join us in Solidarity!