8/26 Women's Rights Day Celebration "Toast the Vote!"

  • Glenn Kirkindall
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 25, 2005
      Dear friends,
      The Portland, Oregon branch of Radical Women is celebrating
      Women's Rights day. I encourage you if you are in the area to come
      and show your support for their celebration. If you are not in the
      are area I encourage you to send letters of solidarity rwpdx@...

      Glenn

      August 23, 2005

      8/26 Women's Rights Day Celebration "Toast the Vote!"

      Dear friend,
      You are warmly invited to Radical Women's Women's Rights Day
      Celebration "Toast the Vote!", this Friday, August 26. There will be
      a Feisty Feminist Happy Hour at 6:30pm with an Ample Appetizer spread
      for a $5.00 donation. The video "Iron Jawed Angels" will be shown at
      8:00pm.

      This film is a must-see -- it dramatizes the courageous
      organizing by Alice Paul and Lucy Burns for women's suffrage. Their
      militant and "unladylike" activism was key to winning women's right
      to vote in the U.S. There will be a post-screening discussion, with
      more socializing afterwards.

      The event will be held at the Bread and Roses Center, which is
      located at 819 N. Killingsworth (on Tri-Met bus lines #4 and #72), a
      half block west of N. Albina. If you need more information, call 503-
      240-4462. I look forward to seeing you there!

      In solidarity,
      Kris Zickert,
      Radical Women