Hello all

  • Mark Johnson
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 5, 2006
      The Warband has been very quiet as of late, and i am curious as to who all
      is still out there. Its the holidays, and i was wondering if anything was
      going on these next couple months? Anyway, lets get the talk channels back
      up so we can start preparing and such. Thank you

      Rowin

      trip!
      http://www.imagine-windowslive.com/minisites/yahoo/default.aspx?locale=en-us&hmtagline
    • Michael Craig
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 5, 2006
        I'm alive, but not kicking. Life is getting in the way with minor piss
        ant things. I finally got my pell up, but have not hit it yet. The
        practice I used to go to got closed down and I have not found, or made
        a local replacement yet.

        The good news is that I WILL be fixing up my kit, so Darius can stop
        ragging my about that friggin strap on my arm harness.

        Respectfully, Elglin

        "Reality has nothing to do with this"
        Michael Craig

      • Josh Carney
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 5, 2006
          hey everyone

          I am doing fine, been practicing in center Philly and with with bear when i get a chance.  I am moving to a new job and my old job is really giving me a hard time.  Besides that life gets in the way some times of playing.

          But I did settle in on a name "Horace", just a small side note.

          Joshua

          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 5, 2006
            There is about 8 or 9 of us in the same group. There must be a place we can
            have a more regular practice. I know there is the Flemington Practice, but
            is that just certain Sundays of the months, or is it every Sunday? I know
            its a small drive for some of you, however we could have some practives at
            my place. I have about a large open yard at my place and would be more than
            willing to have as many of you come down. I live right on Rt. 13, so its
            very simple to get to me. Dependant on the number, my lady has agreed to
            throw some dinner after fighting. Lets get these channels of communication
            opened again. If anyone wishes to contact me, you can get ahold of me at
            (302)-398-7787 or on my cell at (302)-359-3777. Thanks all.

            Rowin

            >From: Michael Craig <elglin@...>
            >To: cobra_warband@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [cobra_warband] Alive, but not kicking...
            >Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 06:15:24 -0800 (PST)
            >

            >I'm alive, but not kicking. Life is getting in the way with minor piss
            >ant things. I finally got my pell up, but have not hit it yet. The
            >practice I used to go to got closed down and I have not found, or made
            >a local replacement yet.
            >
            >The good news is that I WILL be fixing up my kit, so Darius can stop
            >ragging my about that friggin strap on my arm harness.
            >
            >Respectfully, Elglin
            >
            >"Reality has nothing to do with this"
            > Michael Craig

            >Everyone is raving about the all-new Yahoo! Mail
            >(http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/mailbeta/)

            Try Search Survival Kits: Fix up your home and better handle your cash with
            Live Search!
            http://imagine-windowslive.com/search/kits/default.aspx?kit=improve&locale=en-US&source=hmtagline
          • clost95@aol.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 5, 2006
              Greetings to all,

              Attached is the calendar of events for Settmour - http://settmourswamp.eastkingdom.org/thismonth.html

              The Flemington Practice is Sporadic at best.  11/12 is the next practice and that is all on the calendar for the rest of the year (I will check and post any changes).  The only other regular practice is in Nutley on Thursdays.

              Haven't been around due to injuries - Elbow is better, ankle re-injured during fencing.  Hope to have the pole-ax up and swinging soon.

              Edmund.

              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 5, 2006
                Well there is a regular Practice at 12th and Carpenter in Philly on thrusday nights from 7:30 till 10pm.  Just one block north of Washington Ave.  If anyone wants directions let me know.

                Joshua

                --
                Joshua
              • Mark Johnson
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 6, 2006
                  Due to the fact the Nutley practice is 4hours one-way, i cant really hit
                  that particular practice. Granted its one of the best practices in the
                  entire East Kingdom,but i dont really think we need it this second. We have
                  Darius, and as our Knight, he would instruct us better and show us what our
                  weak points are, and teach us what we need to do to correct those mistakes.

                  The tactic of laying low while practicing has helped me before. Heres how:
                  When going to alot of practices, everyone sees you (which is good), however
                  they get to see every little weakness you have so when it comes time to
                  fight you in a tourney, they already have themselves programed on how to
                  kill you quickly reguardless of the months of practice you just got to get
                  yourself there. The flip-side is you dont get as much versatility from
                  fighting multiple ppl all the time. At this particular time i think we are
                  still new to each other and havent figured out who fight what yet. Lets use
                  this blessing while we still have it, but to use this blessing ( as i call
                  it), we need to get together more often VS talking about it.

                  I know these are the holidays, and its going to get harder to make time. We
                  need to try. Personally, i want to earn my white belt and i look forward to
                  the journey. I am not 100% sure of what is exspected of me yet as Darius's
                  Man-at-arms. My request is to you all as my brother-in-arms is to help guide
                  me, as i will help you in whatever ways i can.

                  In closeing, i am the rookie here and these points are only my opinion. I
                  could be wrong, and im sure if i am, i will be told. By the way, has anyone
                  heard from Darius lately? I have tried multiple times but no answer at his
                  home, or via emails. My appoliguises, if i have overstepped my boundries.

                  Rowin

                  p.s. Any plans of a get-together for Christmas, or anything?

                  >From: clost95@...
                  >To: cobra_warband@yahoogroups.com
                  >Subject: Re: [cobra_warband] Alive, but not kicking...
                  >Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 20:52:45 EST
                  >

                  >Greetings to all,
                  >
                  >Attached is the calendar of events for Settmour -
                  >_http://settmourswamp.eastkingdom.org/thismonth.html_
                  >(http://settmourswamp.eastkingdom.org/thismonth.html)
                  >
                  >The Flemington Practice is Sporadic at best. 11/12 is the next practice
                  >and
                  >that is all on the calendar for the rest of the year (I will check and
                  >post
                  >any changes). The only other regular practice is in Nutley on Thursdays.
                  >
                  >Haven't been around due to injuries - Elbow is better, ankle re-injured
                  >during fencing. Hope to have the pole-ax up and swinging soon.
                  >
                  >Edmund.
                  >
                  >In a message dated 11/5/2006 5:33:31 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
                  >swordandboard@... writes:
                  >
                  >There is about 8 or 9 of us in the same group. There must be a place we
                  >can
                  >have a more regular practice. I know there is the Flemington Practice, but
                  >is that just certain Sundays of the months, or is it every Sunday? I know
                  >its a small drive for some of you, however we could have some practives at
                  >my place. I have about a large open yard at my place and would be more
                  >than
                  >willing to have as many of you come down. I live right on Rt. 13, so its
                  >very simple to get to me. Dependant on the number, my lady has agreed to
                  >throw some dinner after fighting. Lets get these channels of communication
                  >opened again. If anyone wishes to contact me, you can get ahold of me at
                  >(302)-398-7787 or on my cell at (302)-359-3777. Thanks all.
                  >
                  >Rowin

                  Use your PC to make calls at very low rates
                  https://voiceoam.pcs.v2s.live.com/partnerredirect.aspx
                • Michael Craig
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 7, 2006
                    Is this the Bhakail practice? Know who is usually there? Philly is
                    close enough to make it to...

                    R, Elglin

                    --- Josh Carney <jcarney@...> wrote:

                    > Well there is a regular Practice at 12th and Carpenter in Philly on
                    > thrusday
                    > nights from 7:30 till 10pm. Just one block north of Washington Ave.
                    > If
                    > anyone wants directions let me know.
                    >
                    > Joshua

                    "Reality has nothing to do with this"
                    Michael Craig

                    Sponsored Link

                    $200,000 mortgage for $660/mo - 30/15 yr fixed, reduce debt, home equity -
                    Click now for info http://yahoo.ratemarketplace.com
                  • Josh Carney
                    Message 9 of 9 , Nov 7, 2006
                      This is the Bhakail Practice,  right now it is just Darmon, Damon, myself and a few new guys.  I have heard that a few more experienced fighters might start showing up since there is no more Monday night practices around this region.

                      we are at the rec. center on the corner of 12th and Carpenter.  We start at about 7:30 Till 10pm, the center closes at 10 so we try to be out the door by then.

                      Street Parking is easy, with many spaces with in 1/2 block radius from the door.  Mostly I drop my gear off then park, there is also a play ground / basketball court if we want to go out side for any reason.

                      Here is a Map :

                      If anyone needs more info please call me (267-269-2473)

                      Joshua