Re: [cobra_warband] Combat Archery

  • Drueta
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 31, 2008
      Absolutely!  The more the merrier.
      Dru

      -------Original Message-------

      Date: 3/31/2008 5:40:58 PM
      Subject: [cobra_warband] Combat Archery

      There are individuals in the Swamp Looking for authorization.  Can I pass along your practice info and send them your way?

      Ed

    • Phillip the Facetious
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 20, 2008
        Your Highness,

        What are your plans for the unit regarding Combat Archery?

        What will its role be, if any, during Pennsic?

        Phillip
        (newly authorized in CA)
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 21, 2008

          In the batlles its allowed,

          first kill enemy archers

          second kill enemy spears

          Then shields preferably comanders

          The goal is to cripple their long range killing ability

          "the answer to your first question is SHADDUP!!!!!!!"DEADPOOL issue#23    Darius

          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 21, 2008
            Do we know how many archers serpentius is going to field at war?

            Can we get a sound off?

            Thanks guys

            -H

            On 7/21/08, john haren <dimilo247@...> wrote:
            > In the batlles its allowed,
            > first kill enemy archers
            > second kill enemy spears
            > Then shields preferably comanders
            > The goal is to cripple their long range killing ability
            >

            > "the answer to your first question is SHADDUP!!!!!!!"DEADPOOL
            > issue#23 Darius

            Joshua

            "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an
            army of sheep led by a Lion" Alexander
          • Drueta
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 21, 2008
              Nigel and I authorized 2 Serpentius guys yesterday.
              Without someone else authorized in Siege we will both be manning the Arbalist.
              While one of us is gleaning ammo the other usually picks up the crossbow and snipes.
              We leave in 7 days.
              Dru

              --
              Sent from Gmail for mobile | mobile.google. com

                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 21, 2008
                  I do know that there will be some crossbows for sale at war.
                  The problem with the few merchants that sell them at war........
                  They are expensive!!!  For the work and materials that go into them it's really not worth the money.
                  So it all depends on how eager you are to get on the field.
                  Ivan said that he will be able to start manufacturing them in a few months.
                  This doesn't get you one the field by War, but it will be a better option IMHO.
                  So be nice to Ivan for a couple of months and I'm sure he will be glad to help you out.  Heck if you do some wood working we can all get together with a couple of examples and perhaps hammer out a few in a weekend.  After War of course.
                  Just an idea.....
                  Dru

                  --
                  Sent from Gmail for mobile | mobile.google. com

                  Joshua

                  "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an
                  army of sheep led by a Lion" Alexander

                  --
                  Joshua

                  "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a Lion" Alexander

                • Scott Berk
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jul 21, 2008
                    I asked Rupert the Unbalanced to borrow his;  either way there is a CA crossbow purchase in my Pennsic future :-D

                    (I finally get a chance to shoot 'real' people!!!)

                    Phillip

                    --
                    Sent from Gmail for mobile | mobile.google. com

                    Joshua

                    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an
                    army of sheep led by a Lion" Alexander

                    --
                    Joshua

                    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a Lion" Alexander

                  • Lewis Tanzos
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jul 21, 2008
                      --- On Mon, 7/21/08, Josh Carney <jcarney@...> wrote:
                      > Do we know how many archers serpentius is going to field at war?
                      > Can we get a sound off?
                      > Thanks guys

                      I'm authorized in CA, but I have no equipment.

                      - Istvan
                    • Drueta
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jul 21, 2008
                        Phillip,
                        I know you are an experienced archer, but if you would like someone to go with you when you purchase your crossbow I will be more than happy to help out.
                        Let me know.
                        I'll be at War for 2 weeks and camping with Iron Bog down in N20.
                        Dru

                        Message 11 of 13 , Jul 22, 2008
                          the more help, the better.

                          Thanx Dru

                          --
                          Sent from Gmail for mobile | mobile.google. com

                          Joshua

                          "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an
                          army of sheep led by a Lion" Alexander

                          --
                          Joshua

                          "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a Lion" Alexander

                        • Rich Taylor
                          Message 12 of 13 , Jul 22, 2008
                            I'm newly authorized in CA too and want to pick up gear at Pennsic.
                            Can I tag along when you go shopping?

                            Rich

                            --- In cobra_warband@yahoogroups.com, Scott Berk <phillip.reed_tf@...>