Crown

    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 6, 2007
      Apologies to those who are seeing this twice

      Crown Tourney was a great outing for our household.Bear and Antonio
      had great days.Bear was the last unbelted left Making the quarter
      finals VivAt bear.Antonio made final 12/16?Vivat I am not
      sure.Antonio Recieved Duchess Katherine Stanhope's Ladies of the rose
      token for keeping his composure in a screwed up situation,Vivat
      Antonio.Horace Went an impressive five rounds in his first crown, he
      fought patient ,smart and set the range and pace of these bouts Vivat
      Horace. Serpentius Joe only went two rounds but legged and nearly
      defeated a Knight,Sir Varus Vivat Serpentius Joe.GREAT
      ACCOMPLISHMENTS FOR THESE MEN ,IN THIER FIRST CROWNS.These four are a
      great example of what hardwork will get you.
      Those of you who did not fare so well remember you did your best and
      did not give up thats all I can ask,Nobody embarassed me ,the
      household ,or themselves.Infact those of you who were eliminated then
      helped those who were not Kodos for the support.You all no have a
      pretty acurate bench mark of your skills.I can help the areas in
      which you wish to improve.I will make time for you if you ask.
      To the rest of the house,Thanks for the food,(bringing it and
      organising it),Thankyou all for the shade and every thing else. Vivat
      to all of you.If I forgot any one its nearly bed time and I am sorry
      know that I am grateful for your help ,time and hard work Vivat
      Nigle was a great help to me personally Vivat nigel
      Again you all do me proud,Especially Duchess Roxicakes.
    • joehardcorefsu@aol.com
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 6, 2007
        I was inspired by all of you guys this past Saturday. I really had another awesome time (and not just sharing a room with Josh). Thanks to Ivan for letting me fight with your spare legs. Nigel was the man there when any of us needed to be refreshed. Thanks to all for the support, hopefully in the next 6 months we will have an even more impressive showing at Spring Crown. Hopefully I can get some pickups with our lefties in the House, god only knows it seems that's the only time I fight lefties these days.

      • duchessroxane@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 20, 2008

          Elglin, that sounds great about the van--that will work out well from a logistics perspective as well. Horace and Joe (and Bear if he goes) can meet at your place and then you guys can stop off and pick up Darius and Hank on the way up.  That leaves room for 4 more people--reserve early if you are planning on going in the van! Obviously everyone will split the cost of the gas to Crown.  Plan on around $75/person for gas--its more expensive in Canada and obviously you will have to buy some there.

          It is an 11.5 hour drive from our place so figure 12.5 from Elglin's. Can everyone take off work that day so you can leave earlier? The other option is to drive in shifts if folks can't take the day off however that won't leave you feeling "fighter fresh" for the tourney.

          The event is on a military base and so you can stay in the dorms for $9 a night. There are local hotels as well. Let me know what everyone wants to do.  If the base rooms are Ok, then I will leave everyone to make thier own reservations (i.e. you need to pre-reg for Crown) if the hotel is the desired location, let me know how many rooms and I will make the reservation.

          The other decision is feast--if you plan on staying for feast, then you will need reservations for that as well. So again, what do the majority want to do?

          Roxane
        • Joshua Tosadori
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 20, 2008
            I would like to go but I dont know what work will have instore for me. For alittle info, make sure everyone has their passport before you leave so your not half way there and go "holy crap I forgot my passport". That would suck. But if I cant make it good luck to everyone in the household who is fighting, hope one of us wins! Oh and Jonh, what you requested from me is done, everything looks awesome, ill bring it to you when i get hom from this GIANT kitty box.

            Joshua R Tosadori
            KC-10 BoomOperater
            32 ARS, USAF

            To: Serpentius@yahoogroups.com; cobra_warband@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 16 , Feb 29, 2008
              Hey El are we on boarding for crown and or staying on base? If so we
              need to prereg soon.
            • duchessroxane@comcast.net
              Message 6 of 16 , Mar 7, 2008
                FYI: I have some information on Crown Tourney -- apparently it is an hour
                ahead of us (Atlantic time zone).
              • duchessroxane@comcast.net
                Message 7 of 16 , Oct 21, 2008
                  Ok, so when all the dust settled, we have very few folks going to dinner together. This is great as it allows us the option to order from the menu instead.

                  I recieved payment from the following people:
                  Katrina
                  Jenna
                  Anthony
                  Judy
                  Matt
                  Vienna
                  Willhelm
                  Brenwen (not paid but committed)
                  Conrad (not paid but committed)
                  Kay (not paid but committed)
                  Katherine (not paid but committed)
                  Heather Katzoff

                  So I will change the reservation to 12 folks instead of 24.  I can either hang on to your $25 and we can sort it out at the restaurant or send it back to you (or give you cash at Crown). Just let me know your preference. Email me offline, if you think you paid me and are not on this list.

                  For those that still think they might want to join us, you can gather your own group and make an online reservation at www.barnsider.com I welcome (and will laugh) at all attempts to herd the cats. No, I have no insight in how to get the cats to all wander in the same direction. :)

                  For those marked as not paid but committed, again, let me know if you have changed your mind. Please have CASH as for groups over 8, they will only do one check.

                  Roxane, exhausted by the 2 attempts at cat herding in the last 2 months, who now acknowledges that Darius is correct and dinner out after an event should be limited to those traveling with you...

                • duchessroxane@comcast.net
                  Message 8 of 16 , Oct 21, 2008
                    Sorry, add Joachim to the list of paid dinner folks as well.

                    Roxane
                  • Preston B
                    Message 9 of 16 , Oct 23, 2010

                      Good luck to all the snakes fighting in crown!  Give 'em hell!

                      Tally

                    • Oscar Van Loveren 000724 recon
                      Message 10 of 16 , Oct 23, 2010
                        Hear Hear!

                        http://www.nni.com/
                      • whimsy70@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 16 , Oct 23, 2010
                          We did not go. We are both fighting chest colds and a snowy, windy island in the middle of Lake Champlain was not a good health move. :P

                          Good luck to all the snakes fighting in crown!  Give 'em hell!

                          Message 12 of 16 , Oct 23, 2010
                            Good choice.....Health first

                            "the answer to your first question is SHADDUP!!!!!!!"DEADPOOL issue#23    Darius

                            We did not go. We are both fighting chest colds and a snowy, windy island in the middle of Lake Champlain was not a good health move. :P

                            Good luck to all the snakes fighting in crown!  Give 'em hell!

                            Tally

                          • Ghislaine deLessines
                            Message 13 of 16 , Oct 24, 2010
                              And like the weather in Vermont is likely to do it turned out to be a beautiful October day.  Still chilly and not so good for chest colds though!

                              Message 14 of 16 , Oct 24, 2010
                                It was beautiful weather because we decided not to go! Everyone may thank me now. Lol. What happened with feast? We heard a rumor about it bring cancelled due to a swift moving illness?

                              • stoutenburg.music@gmail.com
                                Message 15 of 16 , Oct 24, 2010
                                  About the feast: five people were so sick they were throwing up. There were rumors that it was the dayboard. However, many other people would have gotten sick if that were the case. They told people they didn't have to stay for feast if they were worried about it. I had dayboard and felt fine!

                                  Gunnvor

                                  Ask me how you can improve your life, either physically or financially. Get paid to shop at www.marketamerica.com/raina/

                                  From: whimsy70@...
                                  Sender: Serpentius_Militia@yahoogroups.com
                                  Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 17:40:56 -0400
                                  To: <Serpentius_Militia@yahoogroups.com>
                                  ReplyTo: Serpentius_Militia@yahoogroups.com
                                  Subject: Re: Re: [Serpentius_Militia] Crown

                                  Message 16 of 16 , Oct 24, 2010
                                    Ugh. Those poor people. That sucks being that sick..especially at an event.

                                    Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 17:40:56 -0400