  • Everett
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 25, 2012
      My Friends,
      Many of you already know, but for those that did not, the Coast Guard transferred me to Connecticut back in May. I began going to the local practice in New Haven and went to the first Baronial events I could attend. It was at these events and practice that I met Sir Ivar. He and I have become great friends and in July he offered me the opportunity to work under him as a man-at-arms. I agreed with him that it was a good fit, but I had already sworn fealty to House Serpentius. We delayed the decision until after Pennsic, which gave me time to speak with His Grace Omega.
      His Grace reminded me of our conversation when I first joined the militia; that as a Coastie I could be moved to the other side of the country and might want to work with someone local rather than stifle a chance to advance my fighting and SCA growth. Three years ago we discussed this possibility, but left the details to when the situation arose. After explaining the situation and my thoughts, His Grace agreed that the fit of knight and man-at-arms was a good one and he gave his support and blessing.
      We both agree that duel fealty, especially for a fighter, will eventually bring about a conflict and that is why I have volunteered to surrender my tabard, favor, and oath to Serpentius.
      I do not leave because of any malice, but because the distance has become too great. I look back on the years that I have been a member of the Household and am grateful for the lessons learned and the people I have gotten to know. I hope that amid the Household turmoil those of you that have called me friend will continue to do so. And on a lighter note, my wife Adrienne will be staying with Serpentius. She and I agree she has no wish nor reason to leave; as a non-fighter the man-at-arms relationship does not apply.
      Effective as of this letter I will be removing myself from militia and household newsletters and group messages. Please feel free to contact me as you will.
      In Respectful Service,
      Everett De l'East