RE: [Serpentius_Militia] Dear Friends:

  • Preston B
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 24, 2012
      Damn, I miss you guys already.
      Tally

      To: Serpentius_Militia@yahoogroups.com
      From: staceyrothrock@...
      Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2012 16:00:27 +0000
      Subject: [Serpentius_Militia] Dear Friends:

      Dear Friends:

      After much consideration, and private discussions with both Omega and Roxane, Elizabeth and I have decided to leave the household. This is *not* in response to Omega's email, and does not reflect us taking sides in the dispute with certain members of the sweatshop. As many of you know, Elizabeth and I are members of several households, and have yet other formal relationships within the SCA. We never want to be in a position where the fact of those relationships interfere with what we value most, the friendships we have with members of this household. We feel the best way to avoid this in the future is to simply our relationships now. So we're formally leaving the household, and always remaining your friends.

      I will remain in the Militia; there is no one that I would rather fight beside.

      A practical concern: I hold two household offices: Communications and Law/Rule officer. I'd like to hand these off before departing the list. The former office involves informing household members of upcoming awards; I have not had occasion to act in my capacity as L&R officer, yet. I'm happy to discuss these positions with anyone; otherwise I encourage those interested to speak with Omega directly.

      We will be dropping off the household list in a few days, preferably when I know the offices have been taken. Of course, we're not actually going anywhere, and we'll see all of you soon.

      Regards,
      Antonio & Elizabeth

    • whimsy70@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 24, 2012
        We will most certainly miss you but I understand and still appreciate your friendship.
[...]

      • Oscar Van Loveren 000724 recon
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 24, 2012
          All the best, always friends.

          Goerijs.