Re: [Serpentius_Militia] Crown Tournament Format

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 22, 2012
      And an attorney to explain who fights what when against who and whos turn it is to choose

      "Unyielding resolve has no conqueror."
      Omega

      From: Edward Grey
      Date: Tuesday, August 21, 2012
      Subject: [OTC] Crown Tournament Format
      To: OTC Discussion <discuss-otc@...>, Chivalry Discussion <discuss-chivalry@...>

      Greetings Unto All Who would Contend for the Crown of the East, Your Prince bears you Fair Greetings,
      The format of Our Crown Tournament is as follows:
      All combatants will be randomly divided into 8 different pools.  All rounds in the pools will be combatants' choice and the top 2 scores will advance from each pool.
      The pools will seed a standard double elimination tournament bracket with the following modifications.
      The first round in the winners' list and first two rounds in the losers' list will be decided by a single fight, again fought with combatants' choice of weapons.
      The 2nd and 3rd rounds in the winners' list as well as the 3rd and 4th rounds in the losers' list will be fought best 2 of 3 to decide a winner.  The first fight in the 2nd round of the winners' list and the 3rd round in the losers' list will be fought with polearm; the second fight will be matched weapons decided by the combatant of lower OP; the 3rd fight, if required, will be combatants' choice.  The first fight in the 3rd round of the winners' list and the 4th round in the losers' list will be fought with greatsword; the second fight will be matched weapons decided by the combatant of higher OP; the 3rd fight, if required, will be combatants' choice.
      2 combatants from the winners' list and 2 from the losers' list will advance to the semi-finals and fight a round decided by the best 3 of 5 fights.  The combatant from the winners' list enters this round with a win, and the combatant from the losers' list enters this round with a loss.  The first fight will be matched Dane Axes in honor of Her Majesty, the second fight will be matched Longsword to honor His Majesty; the 3rd fight, if required, will be matched weapons selected by the combatant of lower OP; the 4th fight, if required, will be matched weapons selected by the combatant of higher OP.
      The 2 remaining combatants advance to the finals and fight a round decided by the best 3 of 5 fights.  The first fight will be matched Dane Axes in honor of Her Majesty, the second fight will be matched Longsword to honor His Majesty; the 3rd fight will be matched weapons selected by the combatant of higher OP; the 4th fight, if required, will be matched weapons selected by the combatant of lower OP; the 5th fight, if required, will be combatants' choice.
      And above all else, this is a day for honor and chivalry.  Remember that your chosen consort will share in whatever honors you win.
      Additional notes for the day.
      As this will be a long day of fighting, it is imperative that all combatants are prepared to start on time and when called to their lists.  Fighters are to proceed directly to the MOL for sign in upon arriving, with the procession to start at 11am.  Fighting will start as soon as all is in order, but no later than noon.
      Also, we will be using the EK list trees to display the devices of all combatants in our tournament.  As such, all combatants are strongly encouraged to construct and bring their own devices to the following specifications lest they're name be born upon a simple black device:
      http://www.eastkingdom.org/mediawiki/index.php/Creating_a_device_shield_for_the_Crown_Tourney_heraldry_trees

      All combatants must contact Her Excellency, Baroness Varju <sarah.gwozdz@...> once they have been
      admitted to our tournament and indicate whether they will be bringing their own device, or if they need some manner of help.
      This information and any updates will be available on our website, and please repost to any interested groups
      Thank you all and our best wishes to you and the one you fight for,
      Prince Edward Grey