SRWC in Carillon June 9

  • Marietta
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 5, 2012
      It didn't seem like too many people were interested in committing to a pot luck this weekend on Saturday for lunch, but that there did seem to be a good idea for everyone to get together for dinner at one of the local restaurants.

      I will see if I can get a restaurant list early and post it so we can try to decide sooner rather than later where we want to go for dinner, and everyone can just do their own thing for lunch that day.

      My understanding is that Ivan and Mathilde will *not* be attending, and I think they usually bring an ez-up. That being said, will someone else be having an ez-up available for fighters and the group to gather under? If so, will we be able to get volunteers to bring water/gatoraid and some snacky foods like pretzels and oranges, maybe some raw veggies?

      Also, who will be camping for the weekend, or coming up Saturday and either leaving Saturday night or staying for the weekend?
      My current plan is to come up Friday night and stay until Sunday, but if no one else is coming Friday night, I will probably just go up Saturday morning and stay overnight Saturday night.
      I will have CJ with me.

      --  Marietta

    • whimsy70@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 5, 2012

        Hi Everyone.

        It is really difficult to plan for things when no one answers these missives.  If you cannot go or do not want to participate, at least say so.  It is extremely frustrating.

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 5, 2012
          Fionn and I will be staying in Maine this weekend. I hope there is sunshine and dry fields for the fighting!

          Honig

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 5, 2012

            Ray and I are planning to arrive Friday late afternoon; leaving Sunday morning. We’ll be camping in our RV. If we can, we’ll join the group to dine at a restaurant. It will depend on whether we are comfortable leaving our dog in the RV or our car while we’re at the restaurant.

            Although horses are allowed on site, there’s a no “pets” edict. We will however be bringing our Irish Setter who had surgery yesterday. It’s either we bring her, or not attend. We’re looking forward to seeing everyone!

            Constanza and Magnus

            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 5, 2012
              Yay! Can't wait to see you guys!  :)
              Who else?
              --  Marietta

              On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 11:49 AM, Constance M. Hull <constancemhull@...> wrote:

[...]

            • Oscar Van Loveren 000724 recon
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 5, 2012
                All,

                Ray and Connie, hide the puppy in the camper before entry.
                No one will know.

                I have a pop-up I can bring.

                We will be arriving Friday evening, leaving Sun, bringing
                Camp Lamination (that's an RV if you haven't heard the term
                yet).

                Not much for the restaurant idea...hate breaking the SCA
                mood, and certainly not driving anywhere. Planning on a
                happy hour type dinner at the camper(s) ie small nibbles
                and beer. If anyone wants to bring something small and hang
                with us, you are invited. Should have some home brew on
                tap.

                The unpronounceable.
                http://www.nni.com/
              • Marietta
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 5, 2012
                  Sounds awesome! I don't often like to leave site, either. That, and I usually try to keep CJ fed at events anyway, he gets much more cranky than I do when he is hungry.
                  --  Marietta

                  On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 8:46 PM, Oscar Van Loveren 000724 recon <oscar@...> wrote:
                  All,

                  Ray and Connie, hide the puppy in the camper before entry.
                  No one will know.

                  I have a pop-up I can bring.

                  We will be arriving Friday evening, leaving Sun, bringing
                  Camp Lamination (that's an RV if you haven't heard the term
                  yet).

                  Not much for the restaurant idea...hate breaking the SCA
                  mood, and certainly not driving anywhere. Planning on a
                  happy hour type dinner at the camper(s) ie small nibbles
                  and beer. If anyone wants to bring something small and hang
                  with us, you are invited. Should have some home brew on
                  tap.

                  The unpronounceable.

                  <*> Your email settings:
                     Individual Email | Traditional

                  <*> To change settings online go to:
                     (Yahoo! ID required)

                  <*> To change settings via email:
                     Serpentius_Militia-digest@yahoogroups.com
                     Serpentius_Militia-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                • Kep
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 6, 2012
                    I can not make SRWC. I have a wedding to attend. Sorry folks.

                    Talan