Re: crown tourney

  • gwenhwyfardinasemrys
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 20, 2012
      Oscar,

      I guess it depends on what skin you plan on exposing....

      :)

      Gwen

      --- In Serpentius_Militia@yahoogroups.com, "Oscar Van Loveren 000724 recon" <oscar@...> wrote:

      > Is it safe to have exposed skin outdoors yet that time of
      > year?
      >
      > Goerijs...
      >

      > > Good morning all!
      > >
      > > The Barony of Ruantallan has put in the bid for Crown
      > > Tourney. Thats Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada if anyone
      > > was interested in going. We're just waiting for it to be
      > > approved. As far as I know, no other tir Mara group has
      > > submitted a bid. MAY 5TH.
      > >
      > > If you are interested, the airport is Halifax
      > > International. there are direct flights from Boston,
      > > Newark and I think Philly.
      > >
      > > We have someone looking after crash space should you need
      > > it.
      > >
      > > Remember you need a passport (or that new ID for
      > > airports). If you're driving, its 12 - 14 hours from the
      > > Maine/New Hampshire border. I've done the run to Philly
      > > in 18, Gareths done the run to Roses in about the same.
      > >
      > > we have some crash space here for people who haven't any
      > > pet allergies (I have a dog and a cat).
      > >
      > > If you have any questions, I'll see you all at Birka!
      > >
      > > Gwenhwyfar

      > Web mail provided by NuNet, Inc. The Premier National provider.
      > http://www.nni.com/

    • Marietta
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 20, 2012
        Having never been to Canada, I can't help but ask...  Are you being serious? Especially about snow in May?
        --  Marietta

        On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 8:09 AM, gwenhwyfardinasemrys <gwen@...> wrote:
        yes.
        If you're flying, let me know what time your plane arrives so I can get the dogsled team hooked up in time to meet you.  If you're staying with me, I have a room near the fireplace in the igloo.
        Remember when you come here to drink lots of beer, not water, as the water will freeze in your stomach, but the high alcohol content in our beer makes it safer.
        And pack sunglasses, as the sun shining on the snow on May 'can be blinding'.
        Gwen of the Great White North.
        P.S. have you heard of moose hatcheries?  We'll have to swing by one, they are a site to see.

        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 20, 2012
          I'll bring sun screen....... We'll talk at Birka....:-)

          http://www.nni.com/
        • Oscar Van Loveren 000724 recon
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 20, 2012
            She's mostly kidding....average snowfall for May is less
            than an inch....

            http://www.annapolis-valley-vacation.com/nova-scotia-weather.html

            http://www.nni.com/