Re: [Serpentius_Militia] Re: New members

  • whimsy70@aol.com
    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 13, 2011
      Greetings and welcome!!  What is the next event you will be at?

      Matilde

      Message 2 of 16 , Sep 13, 2011
        Welcome to the militia!  I'll look forward to fighting with you!

        Gunnvor

        On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 3:43 PM, <whimsy70@...> wrote:

[...]

      • Constance M. Hull
        Message 3 of 16 , Sep 13, 2011

          Welcome, Lord Talan Gwyllt and Millicent De Heathwaite!

          Constanza and Magnus

[...]

        • Ryan
          Message 4 of 16 , Sep 17, 2011

            Greetings!
            I am Ryan,  and m'lady is Angela (no scadian names yet).  We hail from the University City area of Philadelphia.  I had some limited experience with Markland and the SCA back in my college days, but life happened and I took a long absence from the hobby.  We  joined the Barony of Bhakail back at the beginning of last year, and have camped at Pennsic with them last and this year.  As a civil engineer and fairly handy at the trades, I tend to be a mechanical problem solver, so I've en-mired myself in home renovation (think "money pit" but no contractors to blame).  My other hobbies, when time was more plentiful, used to include civil war reenacting and crew on the tall ship Gazela.

            After some minor attempts at the arts, Angela decided that heavy fighting was much more interesting.  I had considered doing combat archery only, but her enthusiasm has inspired me to take up the sword as well.  Slowly, we have gotten our armor and weapons together and are now training.  I know a few of you, and I look forward to getting to know the rest of the group.

            ~Ryan

          • Preston B
            Message 5 of 16 , Sep 17, 2011

               Welcome!  Hope to meet and/or fight you both soon!
              Tally

              To: Serpentius_Militia@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 16 , Sep 17, 2011
                Hello!
                My name is Angela(no SCA name yet) I'm with Ryan. Was introduced to the SCA through Ryan, was being pushed toward Arts and Sciences but after watching some heavy fighting at my first event MudThaw a few years ago I've been wanting to do heavy since. After finally getting armor together I think I'm ready to get 'really' into this. I'm 'brand new' and looking for some proper focus on my journey as a fighter and was fortunately introduced to his Grace Omega my first night at Pennsic this year which has brought here. I'm clumsy, out of shape, and can barely hold my shield but I hope that changes with proper training and motivation through the Militia.

                I'm actually very into Art, and went to school for Graphic Design. My lack of finding work in that field however has awarded me with a 'Medical Billing' job I don't particularly care for but try not to complain too much about considering the world economy. I've been into recently getting tattoos since said job is in front of a desk. Love tattoo art and getting them. I'm a geek at heart, love anime, movies, and video games. Love rock music. Oh but most importantly I love beer! :)

                For those I know hello again for those I don't looking forward to meeting you soon!
              • John Goleeke
                Message 7 of 16 , Sep 17, 2011
                  Greetings!
                  My name is John (SCA Name pending approval :-) but if it passes, it will be Fionn)  and I am currenlty hailing from the province of Malagentia in southern Maine.  I have been involved in the SCA on and off for about 20 years and am finally getting serious.  My interests lie in the viking vendel period as well as the third crusade.  My persona (a work in progress) is of a 3rd crusade Hospitaller.  Along with heavy list, I love storytelling and music and am working on the bardic arts.  In my mundane life I work in a call center in order to fund my hobby.    I fought with the militia at pennsic and really enjoyed it.  I can't wait to fight with you all again!
                • Preston B
                  Message 8 of 16 , Sep 17, 2011

                    Welcome John!

                    To: Serpentius_Militia@yahoogroups.com
                    From: jgolden_1969@...
                    Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 19:51:03 -0700
                    Subject: Re: [Serpentius_Militia] Re: New members

                    Message 9 of 16 , Sep 18, 2011

                      Welcome everyone!!!

[...]

                    • serpentiusjoe
                      Message 10 of 16 , Sep 19, 2011
                        Hey Ryan and Angela, welcome to the militia. I am Joe.
                        I live in North Philadelphia and I'm down to hang out, help you out and get some practice in.
                        Last fall we fought a bit under the 95 in south philadelphia and we may do that again.
                        contact me offlist - joehardcore@...

                        good luck and welcome again

                        --- In Serpentius_Militia@yahoogroups.com, Ryan <reservoirdg@...> wrote:

                        > Greetings!
                        > I am Ryan,  and m'lady is Angela (no scadian names yet).  We hail from the University City area of Philadelphia.  I had some limited experience with Markland and the SCA back in my college days, but life happened and I took a long absence from the hobby.  We  joined the Barony of Bhakail back at the beginning of last year, and have camped at Pennsic with them last and this year.  As a civil engineer and fairly handy at the trades, I tend to be a mechanical problem solver, so I've en-mired myself in home renovation (think "money pit" but no contractors to blame).  My other hobbies, when time was more plentiful, used to include civil war reenacting and crew on the tall ship Gazela.
                        >
                        > After some minor attempts at the arts, Angela decided that heavy fighting was much more interesting.  I had considered doing combat archery only, but her enthusiasm has inspired me to take up the sword as well.  Slowly, we have gotten our armor and weapons together and are now training.  I know a few of you, and I look forward to getting to know the rest of the group.
                        >
                        > ~Ryan

                      • serpentiusjoe
                        Message 11 of 16 , Sep 19, 2011
                          Hey Talan! I am glad to hear that you're in the militia now. I've got a good bit of armor coming from Cet and a big desire to get back into the "swing" of things. Hit me up about getting together for small practices and if you're heading to bhakail on thursdays etc
                          joehardcore@...
                          Congrats to you my friend

                          --- In Serpentius_Militia@yahoogroups.com, Charles Wood <wildfox01@...> wrote:

                          > Hi all,
                          >
                          > My name is Lord Talan Gwyllt. I am currently Knights Marshal of Hartshorn Dale and serving as heavy weapons champion for Bhakail. I have been fighting for 10 years. Found the sca in 2001 and fell in love with fighting. I also do comedia del arte. (I do funny plays in a mask). I am into gaming and warhammer 40k (Wuaaaghhhh!). Play League of Legends online. I am married to a wonderful woman named Millicent De Heathwaite. She will answer to Maleficent. :-) (yes, that Maleficent) In the real world I do computers for a living. Network, servers, the whole bit. If you have computer issues let me know. I am always happy to help. I joined this Pennsic. I already know some of the members and militia. Omega, Tally, Horus, Hardcore Joe, Bran, and others. Looking forward to meeting more of the household.
                          >
                          > YIS
                          >
                          > Talan

                        • Damon Cunningham
                          Message 12 of 16 , Sep 19, 2011
                            Welcome folks!
                            My name is nKante (Damon). The I-95 practice was great. I want to start hitting the thurs night Bhakail practice again. They are good because they are low key. No stick jocks pounding on people, no super chivs looking sticking their nose in your biz. There is a philly fight practice yahoo group, hopefully Talon can post a link. Look forward to meeting y’all.

                            ----------
                            Sent from AT&T Wireless using Yahoo! Mail

                            Hey Ryan and Angela, welcome to the militia. I am Joe.
                            I live in North Philadelphia and I'm down to hang out, help you out and get some practice in.
                            Last fall we fought a bit under the 95 in south philadelphia and we may do that again.
                            contact me offlist - joehardcore@...

                            good luck and welcome again

                            --- In Serpentius_Militia@yahoogroups.com, Ryan <reservoirdg@...> wrote:

                            > Greetings!
                            > I am Ryan,  and m'lady is Angela (no scadian names yet).  We hail from the University City area of Philadelphia.  I had some limited experience with Markland and the SCA back in my college days, but life happened and I took a long absence from the hobby.  We  joined the Barony of Bhakail back at the beginning of last year, and have camped at Pennsic with them last and this year.  As a civil engineer and fairly handy at the trades, I tend to be a mechanical problem solver, so I've en-mired myself in home renovation (think "money pit" but no contractors to blame).  My other hobbies, when time was more plentiful, used to include civil war reenacting and crew on the tall ship Gazela.
                            >
                            > After some minor attempts at the arts, Angela decided that heavy fighting was much more interesting.  I had considered doing combat archery only, but her enthusiasm has inspired me to take up the sword as well.  Slowly, we have gotten our armor and weapons together and are now training.  I know a few of you, and I look forward to getting to know the rest of the group.
                            >
                            > ~Ryan

                          • Preston B
                            Message 13 of 16 , Sep 19, 2011
                              Your wish is my command!