Re: [cobra_warband] Re: Pennsic encampment post mortem as well as other topices

  • Josh Carney
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 13, 2007
      Hey guys,

      I am on the same plan as Joe, This year for me was a fluck having to bail so early!  I can do what ever is needed for next year just let me know and count it was done.

      This was my best pennsic ever as well!  Just had a blast everyone!

      On 8/13/07, joemckayfkd <joehardcorefsu@...> wrote:

      If Damon falls through I can find a spot that I hold concerts at. Its a
      ballroom that can hold about 900. Will easily be under your budget. Has
      a kitchen as well as a full bar. Let me know. I am down to paint/fix
      whatever for the shower and give some time and materials to build a
      gate. Sorry we had to leave friday night, Josh had to fly home sunday
      and wanted to be back and ready for it. I am sure next year we can work
      it out so more then 3 are able to break camp. I had one of the best
      times of my life (seriously) and I am willing to do whatever is needed
      to make sure next year is even better. Thanks to everyone for making my
      first pennsic just incredibly amazing.

      --
      Joshua
    • Liam Stiles
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 13, 2007
             There was some outside help that showed so it wasn't so bad. If I wasn't so torched from tearing down the booth till 2:30 A.M. I would have helped more. Wolf, Rich (Ivans friend) , Patronius (my spelling sucks), BGB, Ryan, and Heather #2 all helped break down camp.
             Hopefully next year we will be more adjusted to an earlier Pennsic or they will move it back. I am striving to get out there Saturday/Sunday so perhaps we can get the shower set up and painted by Tuesday.
             It was my best Pennsic yet also. I was proud of how hard every guy fought on the field. I was also proud of the chemistry and unity of the household. I can't wait till next year. Everyone laid it all out on the field. The skull crushing was so beautiful it nearly brought tears to my eyes.

                                                   Serpentius
                                                   Cracking Skulls
                                                   Melting Brains.....
                                                                                             Dhar

        On 8/13/07, joemckayfkd <joehardcorefsu@ aol.com> wrote:
        If Damon falls through I can find a spot that I hold concerts at. Its a
        ballroom that can hold about 900. Will easily be under your budget. Has
        a kitchen as well as a full bar. Let me know. I am down to paint/fix
        whatever for the shower and give some time and materials to build a
        gate. Sorry we had to leave friday night, Josh had to fly home sunday
        and wanted to be back and ready for it. I am sure next year we can work
        it out so more then 3 are able to break camp. I had one of the best
        times of my life (seriously) and I am willing to do whatever is needed
        to make sure next year is even better. Thanks to everyone for making my
        first pennsic just incredibly amazing.

        --
        Joshua

        Building a website is a piece of cake.

      • Josh Carney

          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 15, 2007
            Crushing head and gentle intention???

              Dude, WHAT???
                ~JP~

            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 15, 2007
              Ok, I never took any Latin and I tryed to use the online dictionaries (well three) and i guess I goofed it up.

              So Guy that has all the answers how about you do the translations and enlighten the rest of us.

              "Crushing Skulls and Melting Minds"

              Thank you

              Horace checken out!

              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 16, 2007
                  Well you had a great start, the problem you had was trying to go from a subjective language (english) to a objective language (latin)... the translators will always screw you up.
                  About the best I can come up with for ya is:
                "contricio caput capitis quod condita sententia liquidus"
                  Litterally translated back would be:
                "crushing heads and making thought liquid"