Re: [Serpentius_Militia] New weapons regs

  • Antonio Patrasso
    Message 1 of 51 , Oct 4, 2010
      I read that to mean the MINIMUM spear length is 5', and maximum remains 12'.  Has there been an issue anywhere regarding sub-5' spears?

      -Antonio

      On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 9:59 PM, Josh Carney <jcarney@...> wrote:

      very interesting,

      seem the "spear" length is now 5 ft??  Hmmmm

      Do you think they are talking about madus?

      VII. Weapon Standards
      C. Two-Handed Weapons.
      4. No weapon may have a cutting and/or smashing surface at both ends. ONLY POLEARMS AND GREATSWORDS MAY HAVE BUTT/POMMEL SPIKES.
      7. Total weapon length shall not exceed 12 feet (3.658 m) AND RATTAN SPEARS SHALL NOT BE LESS THAN 5 FEET (1.524 m).

      Seems like you might have to make a "spear" that is 5ft and fight with that?

      -H

      On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 9:52 PM, Preston B <prestonbecker@...> wrote:

      Tally say:

      This just in...new society-wide weapons regs.  Here's a discussion of the changes over at AA:

      http://forums.armourarchive.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=123864

      --
      Joshua

      "There is something to be learned from a rainstorm. When meeting with a sudden shower, you try not to get wet and run quickly along the road. But doing such things as passing under the eaves of houses, you still get wet. When you are resolved from the beginning, you will not be perplexed, though you still get the same soaking. This understanding extends to everything." Yamamoto Tsunetomo

    • stacia2@comcast.net
      Message 51 of 51 , Oct 10, 2010
        Josh - do u still have the cobra stencil I lent u? The one we used for the wall?
        Don't remember getting it back and am looking to use it in a few weeks.
        Love
        Kat

        From: Jcarney <jcarney@...>
        Sender: Serpentius_Militia@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 10:34:51 -0400
        To: Serpentius_Militia@yahoogroups.com<Serpentius_Militia@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: Serpentius_Militia@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: Re: [Serpentius_Militia] Iorn bog

        I can't busy with the house and move today

        -H

        Joshua D Carney
        SCA Personal Care

        On Oct 10, 2010, at 7:50 AM, john haren <dimilo247@...> wrote:

        SO is nobody going today?

        "the answer to your first question is SHADDUP!!!!!!!"DEADPOOL issue#23    Darius

        From: dimilo247@...
        Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 08:16:27 -0700

        " It sounds like an interesting format too, a big ass round robin with four buckets, then a double elim.  Lots of fighting for everyone!"

        I see your point Tally. I however feel that the double elim fornmta should not be screwed with for crown.
        "the answer to your first question is SHADDUP!!!!!!!"DEADPOOL issue#23    Darius

        From: antoniopatrasso@...
        Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 09:08:10 -0400

        On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 8:56 AM, Preston B <prestonbecker@...> wrote:

        22 Baron Ivan Ivanov syn Dimitriov....Baroness Natavia DeCadenet

        49 Dominus Tiberius Nautius..............Lady Gunvar in Hausakljufr

        Did I miss anyone?

        A couple:

        23 Baron Jean-Paul Ducasse...............Mistress Marion del Okes

        26 Baron Wulfhere of Stonemarche.....Mistress Ardenia ARuadh

        Interesting list.