Pennsic

  • Melinda Haren
    Message 1 of 33 , Jul 11, 2007
      Well, we have finally outgrown N10. We have been bumped to our second choice, N18. N18, is on the same road as the merchants and stretches from the end of the merchants to the parking lot road. It is nicer for the fighters/fencers as we are now closer to the battlefield. (While Lion's Tower has less seniority on N10, they are only 7 people and we are 21.)

      I know that this does provide some logistical programs as traditionally we have always combined encampments with Carillion.

      The biggest issue is the shower. Darius is heading to do some scouting. Doing some online research, it looks like we might be able to purchase a propane water heater for under $200. If we build a shelter, the price probably comes in around $500. We can then store it at Pennsic and we will have it for the household. Even if we end up back in N10 next year, we are getting big enough that we would need another shower anyway so I think the investment is worth it. If we divide the cost by 20 people--that works out to $25/person as an initial outlay. We would still have a camp fee to cover propane, ice, water and firewood--which I think would need to be $30/head. So camp fees for this year and this year only, would be $55. Then next year and so forth, it would only be the $30/head. What are people's thoughts on this? Darius and I are willing to subsidize the shower if there are some folks who can't afford this amount.

      The other option is, of course, individual shower bags that you fill and place in the sun. My preference is building a shower but I understand if money is an issue for folks or lack of desire to complete the project in this short time frame.

      If we decide to go this route, if a few of us (quite frankly 15 people helping would NOT be helpful) perhaps us, Bear, Liam, Josh came early on Saturday, I think we could have it mostly together in time for the guys to go fight that afternoon.

      The other issue is a sheet wall, if desired. I have fabric. Katrina made an entrance last year so we have that--thougth I think we need taller poles for it. I can't think of anything else we would need without Carillion.

      Anyway, let us know ASAP what everyone wants to do so we can plan.

      Roxane
    • Stacey Rothrock Steinfeld
      Message 33 of 33 , Nov 19, 2012
        "Mark your calendars: PENNSIC WAR is ONE WEEK and ONE DAY earlier this
        year. Troll opens on Friday, July 19th at noon and *site will close on
        SATURDAY, August 3rd, at noon.*"

        The 2 lane bridge on Curry Rd is done and is fabulous. Curry is now paved all the way to 422.

        The Coopers are planning to build a new permanent barn on N01 that will replace the old barn for all purposes (courts, A&S, etc.). The old barn will become the home of one of the food vendors (I think the hamburger place across from the barn) and the produce vendor.