Re: Ouch

    Message 1 of 5 , May 1 5:52 PM
      --- In cobra_warband@yahoogroups.com, antoniopatriquin@... wrote:
      >Well just be care full you do not need to turn that crack into a
      break.

      > Booger-hooked? Now there's an image.
      >
      > I'll be fine. It was a freak thing, I was up close against Ivan
      (the big one -- from the House with the white tower on black, I
      always forget the name). He threw an inside shot across his body,
      and ended up punching me in the chest with his basket. It was my
      sword side, so the big metal thing didn't come into play (being a
      lefty can suck, at times). He acknowledged what he did immediately,
      and apologized. And this was during the drills, so we weren't
      playing full tilt; as I said, a freak thing.

      > -Antonio

      > From: "Mark Johnson" <swordandboard@...>
      > > I truly hope you are okay, remember that the big metal thing you
      carry
      > > prevents these kinds of things...Unless its Darius, Barach, or
      Wolf swinging
      > > a polearm at you, then you are pretty much hosed either way.
      Might i ask
      > > how you got hit thou, and by whom? If Owl's rest was a practice
      for
      > > Pennsic, why are people going full tilt? I hope you are feeling
      better. I
      > > would really discourage Crown next week. The calibration is
      much higher,
      > > and you dont want to take the chance of it becoming worse than
      what it is
      > > currently. I know it sucks, but its better to miss one event
      than several.
      > > Tribune can definatly tell you the power involved in Crown, and
      if you cant
      > > fight at 100%, then you can seriously get booger-hooked out
      there. Please
      > > pass this one up, i know i am going off about it, but i cant
      stress it
      > > enough.
      > >
      > > Rowin
      > >

      > > >From: antoniopatriquin@...
      > > >To: cobra_warband@yahoogroups.com
      > > >Subject: [cobra_warband] Ouch
      > > >Date: Tue, 01 May 2007 02:13:19 +0000
      > > >
      > > >So this evening, X-rays confirmed that I cracked the sixth rib
      on my left
      > > >side during the drills at Owl's Rest. Or, more accurately, had
      it cracked
      > > >for me. It's a minor break, and should heal in 4-6 weeks. The
      doc put me
      > > >on light duty -- no heavy lifting. Luckily, my sword doesn't
      weigh that
      > > >much :-) I'm going to rest up and try to play in Crown this
      weekend, but I
      > > >might be out of melees for a bit. We'll see.
      > > >
      > > >-Antonio
      > > >

      > > >From: "The Solomons" <stacia2@...>
      > > >To: "dimilo247" <dimilo247@...>, <Serpentius@yahoogroups.com>,
      > > ><cobra_warband@yahoogroups.com>