Re: [cobra_warband] pennsic

  • Ben Hennessey
    Message 1 of 22 , Aug 1, 2006
        Well, I won't be fighting in the Heavy version of the Town battle, as I am running two Rapier Tournies that day as well.  I am in the Rapier version of the Town, so I can let you know pretty quickly at the end, where to choke and where we got choked.

        One thing that I did note already (I've got a copy of the town map), is that there is already a stratigical "choke" set-up in two of the senerios.... that being, for the extra points to be awarded a team must get the relic or item onto the ship via a "dock" (set-up will probably be like a bridge)...  Most will see where I'm going here, let the Mid go and fetch the items for us and kill them once they broght them to us, they have to go to the other end of the field while the dock enterance is right by the Main gate.

        Also depending on the size of the "streets" you may not be able to get five men shoulder to shoulder.  I'm guessing that they will be more along the lines of four fencers/ three heavies size, but that is just speculation at this point.  I also have the feeling that in the Rapier battle the Main square will see almost no fighting, while in the Heavy battle it will be the "KILL ZONE!"
        Just my observations.
          ~JP~

      From: clost95@aol. com
      In a message dated 7/31/2006 9:10:59 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, Inosenchuk@aol. com writes:
      Just like you said simple but effective . I hopefully will have two or three sword and shieldmen that would like to join our squad on your ok.
                                                                         Ivan

      That will work nicely for the field battles where we have plenty of room to move.  Being relatively new to the world of heavy, how would that tactic hold up in a woods battle and town scenario?

      I will speak to Pat to see if we can get him assisting us with spear and 2 sword.

      Also as a side note, I will be in the rapier town battle before the heavies hit the field.  I believe that Antonio and JP will be in the mix too.  It may not be a bad idea to get to the field a little earlier to see how the fencers move through the town and tactics used to get an idea how rough the 3 heavy scenarios could be.  Anyone willing to line marshal?

      Lastly, anyone interested in helping set-up the actual field the first week let me know so we can get a good idea the size of the buildings, streets, etc... and plot accordingly.

    • jdc325a
      Message 2 of 22 , Aug 1, 2006
        Hey guys,

        I will be fighting with stick and board, and I might have one other.

        Joshua

        --- In cobra_warband@yahoogroups.com, "dimilo247" <dimilo247@...>
        wrote:

        > Hey guys who is fighting with what? This is what i have so far,Left
        side
        > antonio on the left with ivan flanking him on the left. Berach
        directly
        > behind them .Jp on spear in the center with Edmund supporting.Next
        far
        > right with Yours truly on spear,Dhar infront or in the back
        field.Istvan
        > on dhars left,next rowan,The rest of you fill in the center where
        ever
        > you feel comfortable.My thought is we get shield to shield with the
        > enemy We then are fighting and slowly move foward as a group.Wehave
        > stay together and keep fighting constantly for this to work.Great
        > weapons you also need to constantly fire,suppressive and killing
        > blows.when a order is given Everybody who hears it need to shout it
        > out.i have chosen this tactic for two reasons.Our personelle will
        change
        > from battle to battle.These tactics are simple yet when used
        properly
        > are devestating.The other reason is to get everybody in the unit an
        > opprotunity to hit somebody.Does anybody have questions or
        comments.I
        > can only see things from one angle I need your opions and imput so
        we
        > can do our best.I expect to have a bullseye on me this year .By
        next
        > year it will not matter who they single out our goal over the next
        year
        > is to have a Cadre of commanders not just one or two.The goal this
        year
        > at the war is to kill twice our number.

      • Mark Johnson
        Message 3 of 22 , Aug 1, 2006
          i fight primarily sword and board, however if we need it, i can fight pole.
          I am not a very experianced polearmsman and fight very defensivly with it,
          ie knocking spears down and not making kills. I leave that particular task
          to the spears. I have some large shield blanks(4'x3') so i can make a
          scutum or two if you are so inclined, Tribune.

          Rowin

          >From: "jdc325a" <jcarney@...>
          >To: cobra_warband@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [cobra_warband] Re: pennsic
          >Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 11:49:07 -0000
          >
          >Hey guys,
          >
          >I will be fighting with stick and board, and I might have one other.
          >
          >Joshua
          >

          >--- In cobra_warband@yahoogroups.com, "dimilo247" <dimilo247@...>
          >wrote:
          > >
          > > Hey guys who is fighting with what? This is what i have so far,Left
          >side
          > > antonio on the left with ivan flanking him on the left. Berach
          >directly
          > > behind them .Jp on spear in the center with Edmund supporting.Next
          >far
          > > right with Yours truly on spear,Dhar infront or in the back
          >field.Istvan
          > > on dhars left,next rowan,The rest of you fill in the center where
          >ever
          > > you feel comfortable.My thought is we get shield to shield with the
          > > enemy We then are fighting and slowly move foward as a group.Wehave
          > > stay together and keep fighting constantly for this to work.Great
          > > weapons you also need to constantly fire,suppressive and killing
          > > blows.when a order is given Everybody who hears it need to shout it
          > > out.i have chosen this tactic for two reasons.Our personelle will
          >change
          > > from battle to battle.These tactics are simple yet when used
          >properly
          > > are devestating.The other reason is to get everybody in the unit an
          > > opprotunity to hit somebody.Does anybody have questions or
          >comments.I
          > > can only see things from one angle I need your opions and imput so
          >we
          > > can do our best.I expect to have a bullseye on me this year .By
          >next
          > > year it will not matter who they single out our goal over the next
          >year
          > > is to have a Cadre of commanders not just one or two.The goal this
          >year
          > > at the war is to kill twice our number.

        • dimilo247
          Message 4 of 22 , Sep 4, 2006
            Okay fellow Warbandateers,Its beeen two weeks lets talk tactics,where
            you were positioned and wether or not we need to make changes.One thing
            we need to do is ,reapeat comands when we hear the and (i am the biggest
            felonof this) we need to meet back at the banner after each battle for a
            head count and make sure nobody was injured or whatever. Out side of
            that I was thrilled with every bodys preformance.We killed as a group 2-
            4 times or number every time.People now know who you guys are.You have
            made a name for yourselves at the midrealms expense.I cannot tell you
            how many thimes people said wow that unit just popped up overnight or
            came out of nowhere and was impressive.For my self the things that most
            impressed me were,you all followed orders,I saw everyone of you fight
            and do the very best you could.I watched the more experienced guys look
            out for the newer guys.Iwatched you newer guys getting kills and taking
            advantage of situations.Many of you have never fought together before
            and the thing is we are only gonna improve.You guys did great and I
            think we had fun.Nevr lose sight of the fact that win or lose the number
            one concerns are safety and fun. D
          • barondhar
            Message 5 of 22 , Sep 4, 2006
              I was also happy with the overall warbands performance. My only
              question is this. Once we got seperated the first time because of
              getting killed in the woods. I had people (the prince being one)
              ordering me to do things in other directions. Such as help protect a
              flank and things like that. In that case do I just keep walking to try
              to rejoin you guys or do I listen? At one point I was sent(by the
              prince) on what was a poorly guided flanking attempt. Had we accually
              been directed the correct way we would have done some damage. However
              we ended up next to the middie rez point and got chewed up slowly.
              Message 6 of 22 , Sep 4, 2006
                Yeah in the woods and town we try to stay together,but if the traffic cop out of res redircts us we need to listen.Unless you are given orders to the contary.Such as we need to hold area A the you return there,We will haqve to take these on a battle by battle basis.

                barondhar <barondhar@...> wrote:
                I was also happy with the overall warbands performance. My only
                question is this. Once we got seperated the first time because of
                getting killed in the woods. I had people (the prince being one)
                ordering me to do things in other directions. Such as help protect a
                flank and things like that. In that case do I just keep walking to try
                to rejoin you guys or do I listen? At one point I was sent(by the
                prince) on what was a poorly guided flanking attempt. Had we accually
                been directed the correct way we would have done some damage. However
                we ended up next to the middie rez point and got chewed up slowly.

                "the answer to your first question is SHADDUP!!!!!!!"DEADPOOL issue#23    Darius

                Message 7 of 22 , Jul 11, 2010
                  Hey guys I need a head count for the militia for pennsic so all fighters attending pennsic please sound off.

                  If you are not going please do not respond
                • James Gallagher
                  Message 8 of 22 , Jul 11, 2010
                    Vlad Bathory will be fighting this war.

                  • Ben Hennessey
                    Message 9 of 22 , Jul 11, 2010
                      ~JP~ Doing both.

                      ***  Think Clearly, Act Decisively, Live Honorably ***

                      Hey guys I need a head count for the militia for pennsic so all fighters attending pennsic please sound off.

                      If you are not going please do not respond

                    • Lewis Tanzos
                      Message 10 of 22 , Jul 11, 2010
                        Going! Both weeks!

                         - Istvan

                        ***  Think Clearly, Act Decisively, Live Honorably ***

                        Message 11 of 22 , Jul 11, 2010
                          I'll be fighting with the Serpentius Militia again this year, Boss.
                          (even though I will be camped "elsewhere").

                          Hope to see you next weekend at Southern Region War Camp!!!
                          Fitz...

                          Hey guys I need a head count for the militia for pennsic so all fighters attending pennsic please sound off.

                          If you are not going please do not respond

                        • charlie spickler
                          Message 12 of 22 , Jul 11, 2010
                            I am going to the orthopedist on the 22nd for both knees. There is a pretty good chance i am going to need surgery. So while i will be at Pennsic both weeks  in all likelihood i won't be fighting. I'll keep you posted.
                            -Cian

                            On Jul 11, 2010, at 12:39 PM, serpentduke wrote:

                            Hey guys I need a head count for the militia for pennsic so all fighters attending pennsic please sound off.

                            If you are not going please do not respond

                          • Preston B
                            Message 13 of 22 , Jul 12, 2010
                              I will be there, but I have to go back to work Wed of War Week, so best case scenario for me is fighting Mon and Tue.

                              Tally

                              To: Serpentius_Militia@yahoogroups.com
                              From: dimilo247@...
                              Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 16:39:20 +0000

                              Hey guys I need a head count for the militia for pennsic so all fighters attending pennsic please sound off.

                              If you are not going please do not respond

                            • Juliana
                              Message 14 of 22 , Jul 12, 2010
                                Euric and I (Juliana) will be there.  We might have a couple more coming but I can get back to you about them.  Can't wait to see everyone.  :)

                                Juliana

                              • Inosenchuk@aol.com
                                Message 15 of 22 , Jul 13, 2010
                                  I will be there for the full two and fighting. Ivan
                                • clost95@aol.com
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Jul 13, 2010
                                    Edmund back up and running.

                                    In a message dated 7/11/2010 12:40:16 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, dimilo247@... writes:
                                    Hey guys I need a head count for the militia for pennsic so all fighters attending pennsic please sound off.

                                  • Antonio Patrasso
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Jul 13, 2010
                                      It now seems likely that Elizabeth and I will be out for a few days, probably the first half of War week.  We're still working out specifics.   I'll be in armor as much as possible.

                                      -Antonio

                                      Message 18 of 22 , Aug 4, 2010
                                        Hey gang,

                                        So for pennsic battles you have the choice to muster in serpentius camp 1 hour before he battle of you can meetup on the field 30 mins prior.