FW: This Attendant deserves a promotion. Must Read

  • Shafinaz Hamid Khan
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2009

      --- On Mon, 10/26/09, kasthuri sethamparam <kasnesta@...> wrote:

      From: kasthuri sethamparam <kasnesta@...>
      Subject: FW: This Attendant deserves a promotion. Must Read
      To: "barbara zimmermann" <barbara.z@...>, "jega ramachandram" <jeganathan.ramachandram@...>, "loga prakash" <kash_0607@...>, "neitha79@..." <neitha79@...>, shafinaz_hk@...
      Date: Monday, October 26, 2009, 1:42 PM

      From: Rajes_Krishnasamy@...
      Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 16:16:08 +0800

      : FW: This Attendant deserves a promotion. Must Read

      I suppose everyone of you must have boarded a plane before. Ever encounter any proud and arrogant joker like some sort of  "Datuk" or "Tan Sri" shouting at the top of his voice at the check-in counter? Read this one. Very interesting.......especially the last bit ......
      THIS SHOULD APPLY TO EVERY AIRLINE DESK ANYWHERE IN MALAYSIA - WHERE EVERYONE HAS SEEN THE "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM" ASSHOLEs everywhere: airports, restaurants, traffic lights......

      An award should go to the Virgin Airlines desk attendant in Sydney some months ago for being smart and funny, while making her point, when confronted with a passenger who probably deserved to fly as cargo.

      A crowded Virgin flight was cancelled after Virgin's 767s had been withdrawn from service. A single attendant was rebooking a long line of inconvenienced travellers.

      Suddenly an angry passenger pushed his way to the desk.  He slapped his ticket down on the counter and said, 'I HAVE to be on this flight and it HAS to be FIRST CLASS'. The attendant replied, 'I'm sorry, sir. I'll be happy to try to help you, but I've got to help these people first, and I'm sure we'll be able to work something out.'

      The passenger was unimpressed. He asked loudly, so that the passengers behind him could hear, 'DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHO I AM?' Without hesitating, the attendant smiled and grabbed her public address microphone: 'May I have your attention please, may I have your attention please,' she began - her voice heard clearly throughout the terminal.

      'We have a passenger here at Desk 14 WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHO HE IS. If anyone can help him find his identity, please come to Desk 14.'With the folks behind him in line laughing hysterically, the man glared at the Virgin attendant, gritted his teeth and said, 'F
      UUUU.. You!' Without flinching, she smiled and said, (I love this bit)  'I'm sorry, sir, but you'll have to get in line for that too .
      .

      From :
      No Sender Info found in the address book

      Visit us at http://www.singaporeair.com

      This message may contain confidential and privileged information to
      Singapore Airlines Limited(SIA).If you are not the intended addressee,
      please notify SIA by return email immediately, and delete the message

      from your computer.Any use, copy or disclosure of the message or any
      information contained therein to anyone for any purpose other than as
      permitted by SIA is strictly prohibited, and any such use may result in
      legal proceedings.  SIA does not guarantee and is not liable for the
      security of any information electronically transmitted or for the

      proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this
      communication, or for any delay in its receipt.

      Singapore Airlines Limited, Co Regn No:197200078R