Re: [Seniormemoirs] Hacked

  • Stanley Levin
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 2, 2013
      Bernie: Now you tell me! Too late. I think I opened it and then deleted it. Stanley
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 3, 2013
        Thanks Bernie.  When I received the first one I thought it was strange and just deleted.  Then I received a second one.  But I did not open that one either.  Thanks for letting us know.  Elaine

        Folks, I have reason to believe the email you received from Howard Bennett is spam. It will hack into your address book and perpetuate the junk to everyone in your address book. Howard, a former member of our group, has not been to a meeting in about three years and I suspect he doesn't know that he's been hacked. I don't think the virus is damaging but is annoying. Don't open if it's not to late.   Bernie Rudin
      • crabtessie
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 3, 2013
          Don't open anything that says "HI" or "Hey" or "Don't miss this" or something like that.  Unfortunately I opened one months ago and keep getting these messages - one from a neice almost weekly. Maybe you're even getting them from me. Open one and you get a url or an ad of some kind.

          I asked Apple about it and they said it's a form of spam and I probably can't get rid of it.
        • Bernard Rudin
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 3, 2013
            Billee, change your password.   Bernie

            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 5, 2013
              I did change my password. Twice.
            • Bernard Rudin
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 5, 2013
                Billee, is it at least 14 characters long?, with letters, numbers and symbols??  Bernie