Hacked

  • Bernard Rudin
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 2, 2013
      Folks, I have reason to believe the email you received from Howard Bennett is spam. It will hack into your address book and perpetuate the junk to everyone in your address book. Howard, a former member of our group, has not been to a meeting in about three years and I suspect he doesn't know that he's been hacked. I don't think the virus is damaging but is annoying. Don't open if it's not to late.   Bernie Rudin
    • Stanley Levin
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 2, 2013
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 3, 2013
          Thanks Bernie.  When I received the first one I thought it was strange and just deleted.  Then I received a second one.  But I did not open that one either.  Thanks for letting us know.  Elaine

          Folks, I have reason to believe the email you received from Howard Bennett is spam. It will hack into your address book and perpetuate the junk to everyone in your address book. Howard, a former member of our group, has not been to a meeting in about three years and I suspect he doesn't know that he's been hacked. I don't think the virus is damaging but is annoying. Don't open if it's not to late.   Bernie Rudin
        • crabtessie
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 3, 2013
            Don't open anything that says "HI" or "Hey" or "Don't miss this" or something like that.  Unfortunately I opened one months ago and keep getting these messages - one from a neice almost weekly. Maybe you're even getting them from me. Open one and you get a url or an ad of some kind.

            I asked Apple about it and they said it's a form of spam and I probably can't get rid of it.
          • Bernard Rudin
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 3, 2013
              Billee, change your password.   Bernie

              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 5, 2013
                I did change my password. Twice.
              • Bernard Rudin
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 5, 2013
                  Billee, is it at least 14 characters long?, with letters, numbers and symbols??  Bernie