My Favorite Teacher

  • Thomas E. Hepler
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 2 8:23 AM
      Y'all,

      As you recall, Esther Clark, Community Relations Manager, Barnes & Noble
      Booksellers, had addressed us some time ago about the Senior Memoirs
      Group possibly helping in grading some student entries for the My
      Favorite Teacher project.

      I volunteered. I'm not certain how many of you are also interested in
      assisting in this community service.

      The entries are arriving. Yesterday (Thursday) I picked up a pack of
      about 18 essays along with an instruction pamphlet and score sheets. If
      you plan on helping, your packages can be picked up at B&N. Esther will
      be out next week, so when you arrive, please ask to speak to the manager
      on duty, who should be able provide you with a package of renderings.

      Von Bargen had asked me to be the Point-Person from the group, whatever
      the hell that means, so if you have any questions, let me know. Aside
      from my email address (above), my phone number is 856-866-1348.

      Himself

      For the record, Esther's phone number is 856-608-1622 and her email
      address is included is a cc to this email.
    • Stanley Levin

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 5 5:47 PM
          It is not that easy to find time. In fact, since I retired, I seem to
          have LESS time available then when I worked full time. But I am able to
          squeeze it in somehow. There are only about 19 for me to read and grade
          and I expect to have them done by tomorrow evening.

          Himself

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 6 5:58 PM
            Tom:
            Do you have any feedback on other Senior Memoirs members who are participating in the "My Favorite Teacher" ratings at Barnes & Noble?
            Thanks for doing this project!
            Bob

            In a message dated 3/5/2012 8:47:43 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, teh.himself@... writes:
            It is not that easy to find time. In fact, since I retired, I seem to
            have LESS time available then when I worked full time. But I am able to
            squeeze it in somehow. There are only about 19 for me to read and grade
            and I expect to have them done by tomorrow evening.

            Himself

            On 3/5/2012 6:30 PM, Stanley Levin wrote:
            > Where do you find the time to read and grade papers? Stanley

            <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
                (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
                Seniormemoirs-digest@yahoogroups.com
                Seniormemoirs-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Thomas E. Hepler
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 6 6:04 PM
              Bob,

              No feedback. However, I should get some tomorrow. I've just completed
              the ones I had been given and will deliver them in he morning. Though
              Esther is out this week, I expect to find someone who has a handle on
              it. I'm going away on Friday for a long weekend, so I will not be able
              to take anymore.

              I'll let you know when I get back tomorrow.

              Himself