Missed you all

  • Marie Prescott
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 16, 2011
      Oh, how I hate to miss our memoir group meeting.  Please post your readings online so I  can at least enjoy all your wonderful writing.  Maybe next time!!!!!!  Marie

    • patricia shipe
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 17, 2011
        We missed you also Marie.   Zoe came to visit us and it was great seeing her again.
        She seemed a little "down in the dumps."   Still not working and money seems tight according to what she told us.  See y ou next month.  I hope.   pat mchugh
        arie

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 17, 2011

          Elaine Procida

          I am embarrassed!  I can’t think of any embarrassing moments from my childhood.  I would especially like to tell some secret about my mother, as today would have been her 100th birthday if she were still alive.

          So what about my working years?  Ah ha!  Several there!  The first was when I had only been working maybe a year or two.  My boss named Rudy Dutzman was a nice guy.  I never remember him giving me any hard times about my work or anything.  One day he was passing my desk and he stopped.  I looked up and he seemed puzzled and said:  We must be working you too hard I see a gray hair.  I went into shock.  Me, not even 21 years old!  Thoughts of having a head of white hair in a few years flashed through my mind.  Rudy saw the pain in my face and said: “oh, it must just be a lighter colored hair, not really a gray hair.”  So here I am, aged 70 and still not a white head.

          The second occasion I can remember was a few years later.  We had an Underwriter named Joe.  I really friendly joking type of guy.  He especially liked to joke about my not yet being married and how, if he were not already married, he would want me.  Anyhow, one day, I went into his cubicle to give him something.  Seeing me coming, he got up from his chair and spread out his arms as if he wanted to hug me.  And, the chair slipped out back-wards and he fell down to the floor.  I am not sure who was more embarrassed him or me?   Needless to say, he never tried that again.  Forever after people would say to me:  “We heard Joe is falling for you.”

          Oh, how I hate to miss our memoir group meeting.  Please post your readings online so I  can at least enjoy all your wonderful writing.  Maybe next time!!!!!!  Marie

          Dear Marie:

          Certainly missed you too.  As usual, great Essays.  I will post mine here.  It is one of the shorter ones.

          Elaine

          EMBARASSING MOMENT

          Barnes & Nobles

          February 16, 2011