Re: [Seniormemoirs] Monthly Meeting-Senior Memoirs Group, 1/19/2011, 10:00 am

    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 17, 2011
      Pete:
      Bring the Doc to the Senior Memoirs meeting! Ho!
      See you next month!

      From: Pete Hunter <brokenpen99@...>
      Sender: Seniormemoirs@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 12:54:10 -0800 (PST)
      To: <Seniormemoirs@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: Seniormemoirs@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [Seniormemoirs] Monthly Meeting-Senior Memoirs Group, 1/19/2011, 10:00 am

      Hi! Everyone; I can't make our meeting on 1/19/10 My Dr. wants me.
      ....PETE HUNTER

      Date: Wednesday January 19, 2011
      Time: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
      Next reminder: The next reminder for this event will be sent in 5 days, 23 hours, 57 minutes.
      Location: Barnes & Noble Bookstore - Nixon Dr, Moorestown, Nj

    • Seniormemoirs@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 18, 2011

        Date: Wednesday January 19, 2011
        Time: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
        Location: Barnes & Noble Bookstore - Nixon Dr, Moorestown, Nj

      • Pete Hunter
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 21, 2011
          Hi, Stan;

          She wants wants me. But I told her I'm not cheap ... only if I'm picking up the check. (Nah! My doctor is a guy and I just made a feeble attempt to make a joke.)

          Seriously, the results are: "At this point, a pacemaker will be put on hold and we'll just keep an eye on things."
          I agree because I have a pause (2 secs)in my heart beats every once in a while; sometime once a day and sometimes two or three times a day. The ironic thing is, I don't even know it's happening.

          But, if it was the other way around ... flurries of rapid heart beats ... then a pacemaker would be needed immediately.

          Oh! In the future I will need a pacemaker, but for now my condition is not dire, but I need to watch for signs ... dizziness to the point of passing out and extreme tiredness.  So, if I pass-out during a meeting you'll know it's time. I can live with that ... I hope.

          Don't tell my doctor, but I shoveled a little snow this morning.

          Hey! I gotta be me.

          See youze guys and gals at the next meet.

          ....PETE

          Hey Pete! What does your Dr.Want? Hope he doesn't take too long. Stan

          Date: Wednesday January 19, 2011
          Time: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
          Next reminder: The next reminder for this event will be sent in 5 days, 23 hours, 57 minutes.
          Location: Barnes & Noble Bookstore - Nixon Dr, Moorestown, Nj

        • Stanley Levin
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 21, 2011

            Date: Wednesday January 19, 2011
            Time: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 21, 2011
              Pete:
              I agree with Stan. Shoveling snow is just not a good thing for you. Consider this, wouldn't  it be more fun and exciting to get back on that trolley car and get caught poking out the eye of an old Dowager? You rascal!!!
              Take good care of yourself ... we need you!!!
              Bob

              Date: Wednesday January 19, 2011
              Time: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm

              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 22, 2011
                Is "70" considered "our" age?  Smile.  I have been shovelling snow this winter and each time I wonder if it is the time my back will snap.  But I do try to be very careful.

                Elaine  (today it is the ice)

                Date: Wednesday January 19, 2011
                Time: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm

                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 26, 2011
                  Hi Bob;

                  Thanks for your concern.

                  Yeah! Even I know I shouldn't do it but sometimes I just can't resist the challenge and have to prove to myself that I still got it. It's stupid.

                  I'm sitting here at my computer and every time I look out the window and see the snow getting deeper, I have to verbally slap myself in the face to stop me from even thinking about going outside to just brush the snow off my car's windows. I know if I give in, I won't stop there.

                  Another stop-measure that's helping me fight this battle is ... not getting dressed. If I stay in my Bugs Bunny PJ's and Bunny Rabbit Slippers I'm safe.

                  Hey! It's lunch time, I think I'll have some lettuce.
                  Looking forward to the next meet,

                  Date: Wednesday January 19, 2011
                  Time: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm