Re: [Seniormemoirs] Reminder- Senior Memoirs article in Thursday Courier Post

  • Stanley Levin
    Message 1 of 6 , May 13, 2010

      Bob: Thanks for the needed update. Stan
      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2010 6:52 AM
      Subject: Re: [Seniormemoirs] Reminder- Senior Memoirs article in Thursday Courier Post

      Bob: I keep trying to make a meeting, but once more I will not be there. I chair a committee to provide scholarship funds for the high school kids who work where I live. We are running a golf tournament next Wednesday and I must be there. We should net about $15,000 for the fund and need about $80,000 per year so this is just a part of the total. I hope to see you all in June. Let me know the topic for that month. Howard "It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them." Pierre Beaumarchais ____________ _________ _________ __ From: "vonbargenr@ aol.com" To: Seniormemoirs@ yahoogroups. com Sent: Wed, May 12, 2010 10:35:39 PM Subject: [Seniormemoirs] Reminder- Senior Memoirs article in Thursday Courier Post As announced at our last meeting: The feature article about the Senior Memoirs Group will be in the Thursday, May 13 edition of the Courier Post. (The edition circulated in Burlington County.) If you are unable to get this edition, the article will be available at the Courier-Post website. _http://www. courierpostonlin e.com/_ (http://www. courierpostonlin e.com/) Bob

      Message 2 of 6 , May 13, 2010
        Howard:
        I fully understand the demands of multiple activities. I jump through the hoop regularly due to my volunteer work with the National Alliance on Mental Illness, The McGuire Foundation at the Joint Base, my company alumni, my college fraternity ... and of course the demands of maintaining a 45 year old home and my wife's gardening pursuits! (I am her laborer!) I know you have a similar outlook. ... And they told us that retirement would be boring! HO!

        Topics for future months:
        June 16 - A different place
        July 21 - Pursuit of happiness
        August 18 - Railroads
        September 15 - What goes around, comes around
        October 20 - Television
        November 17 - Historical Event
        December 8 - (To be announced)

        Hope this helps .... see you in June!
        (Hit 'em straight!)
        Bob

        Message 3 of 6 , May 14, 2010
          Now this is a subject for a future meeting "Retirement is so boring (not)"  or how about "Oh No!"

          Smile,
          Elaine

          Message 4 of 6 , May 14, 2010
            Good idea, Elaine! We will be developing topics for next year very soon and that certainly should be included.
            Bob