Re: [Seniormemoirs] Reminder- Senior Memoirs article in Thursday Courier Post

  • Howard Bennett
    Message 1 of 6 , May 13, 2010
      Bob:

      I keep trying to make a meeting, but once more I will not be there. I chair a committee to provide scholarship funds for the high school kids who work where I live. We are running a golf tournament next Wednesday and I must be there. We should net about $15,000 for the fund and need about $80,000 per year so this is just a part of the total. I hope to see you all in June. Let me know the topic for that month.

      Howard

      "It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them." Pierre Beaumarchais

      Message 2 of 6 , May 13, 2010

        Message 3 of 6 , May 13, 2010
          Howard:
          I fully understand the demands of multiple activities. I jump through the hoop regularly due to my volunteer work with the National Alliance on Mental Illness, The McGuire Foundation at the Joint Base, my company alumni, my college fraternity ... and of course the demands of maintaining a 45 year old home and my wife's gardening pursuits! (I am her laborer!) I know you have a similar outlook. ... And they told us that retirement would be boring! HO!

          Topics for future months:
          June 16 - A different place
          July 21 - Pursuit of happiness
          August 18 - Railroads
          September 15 - What goes around, comes around
          October 20 - Television
          November 17 - Historical Event
          December 8 - (To be announced)

          Hope this helps .... see you in June!
          (Hit 'em straight!)
          Bob

          Message 4 of 6 , May 14, 2010
            Now this is a subject for a future meeting "Retirement is so boring (not)"  or how about "Oh No!"

            Smile,
            Elaine

            Message 5 of 6 , May 14, 2010
              Good idea, Elaine! We will be developing topics for next year very soon and that certainly should be included.
              Bob