Parade of Wreaths at Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst on May 27, 2010

    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2010
      A follow up to my announcement at the last Senior Memoirs Meeting.

      Just a note to remind you that there will be a Parade of Wreaths Celebration at Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst on Thursday, May 27, 2010 at 10:30 AM. (That's the Thursday BEFORE Memorial Day.)

      I will have my Honda Odyssey that will accommodate me and 5 others. We will meet in the parking lot in front of the Barnes & Noble store on Nixon Drive in the Eastgate Shopping Center at 9:00AM. Young folks are welcome!

      I have to notify the base who will be attending. Please pass this message along to any interested parties and get back to me on who will participate. I will need the following information by Friday, May 21st. (I must submit this data to the Security Police. They do a minor security check before allowing people on the base. The gate guard will have a roster with the names of people in our group at the Gate when we  enter the base.)

      DATA NEEDED:
      1. First, Middle, and Last Name.
      2. Drivers license number & state of residence -- or -- Date of Birth.

      The Parade of Wreaths Celebration begins at 10:30 AM. We should plan on arriving about 10:00 AM. We will park in the VIP lot and have assigned seats. Following the ceremony there will be a reception hosted by Colonel Gina Grosso, Commander of the 87th Air Base Wing. Light refreshments will be served. After the reception I am working on a tour of the C-141 airlifter now on display at Starlifter Memorial Park. We can get lunch at the All Ranks Club before we head home.

      Please call me if you have any questions.  H- 856-235-5571; C-856-979-7009

      Bob von Bargen