Re: Take Me Out To The Ball Game

  • redsocks620
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 24, 2009
      --- In Seniormemoirs@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas E. Hepler" <teh.himself@...> wrote:

      > My baseball story for October's subject is attached. If you haven't
      > figured it out, Ted Williams is an important part of my missive.
      >
      > My address, in case you want to point out any errors, or make
      > suggestions for improving on it, is: teh.himself@...
      >
      > Thomas E. Hepler

      Tom:

      Moving story. I think that Williams was the best player I have ever seen. He was a great fielder as well as a hitter. I can only guess what kind of numbers he would have posted had he not served in two wars.

      Howrd
    • Marie Prescott
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 25, 2009
        Hi Tom,  I had to leave very quickly last Wed. so I did not get a chance to tell you that I was very moved by the emotion in your essay.  I'm glad you posted  it (in fact, all of the essays) so that Don can read and enjoy too.  Marie

        My baseball story for October's subject is attached. If you haven't
        figured it out, Ted Williams is an important part of my missive.

        My address, in case you want to point out any errors, or make
        suggestions for improving on it, is: teh.himself@ comcast.net

        Thomas E. Hepler