Take Me Out To The Ball Game

  • Thomas E. Hepler
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 24, 2009
    • 1 Attachment
    • 18 KB
    My baseball story for October's subject is attached. If you haven't
    figured it out, Ted Williams is an important part of my missive.

    My address, in case you want to point out any errors, or make
    suggestions for improving on it, is: teh.himself@...

    Thomas E. Hepler
  • Bernard Rudin
    Message 2 of 5 , Oct 24, 2009
      Hey Tom, great story. Strange, but I was an 'As' fan then and REMEMBER that double header, listening on the radio! By Saam and Chuck Thompson announcing. As a 12 year old kid then I listened to a lot of games on the radio but I remember that game, perhaps because it was a holiday with a lot of family members around talking baseball. Sorry I missed the meeting but I hope to be there in November and read my nutty story.   Bernie

      My baseball story for October's subject is attached. If you haven't
      figured it out, Ted Williams is an important part of my missive.

      My address, in case you want to point out any errors, or make
      suggestions for improving on it, is: teh.himself@ comcast.net

      Thomas E. Hepler

    • patma111@aol.com
      Message 3 of 5 , Oct 24, 2009
        Tom,  Great story and the finale tells it all.  If Don Gutteridge is still alive I bet he would love to hear your story and the odds of finding that picture of YOUR home run.
        Pat
      • redsocks620
        Message 4 of 5 , Oct 24, 2009
          --- In Seniormemoirs@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas E. Hepler" <teh.himself@...> wrote:

          > My baseball story for October's subject is attached. If you haven't
          > figured it out, Ted Williams is an important part of my missive.
          >
          > My address, in case you want to point out any errors, or make
          > suggestions for improving on it, is: teh.himself@...
          >
          > Thomas E. Hepler

          Tom:

          Moving story. I think that Williams was the best player I have ever seen. He was a great fielder as well as a hitter. I can only guess what kind of numbers he would have posted had he not served in two wars.

          Howrd
        • Marie Prescott
          Message 5 of 5 , Oct 25, 2009
            Hi Tom,  I had to leave very quickly last Wed. so I did not get a chance to tell you that I was very moved by the emotion in your essay.  I'm glad you posted  it (in fact, all of the essays) so that Don can read and enjoy too.  Marie