Senior Memoirs- Message from Holly Myers re. Creed Myers Memorial Service

    Message 1 of 2 , May 23 8:21 PM

      Bob -  Kindly forward.  HHM
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      Dear Memoir Friends,

      Those 'Old Time Radio' memoirs were WONDERFUL !!
      There have been so many fascinating tales over the years - to hear and to tell. How long has it been?

      In looking through a collection of my Dad's memoirs, I noted that the group began in 1999. I hadn't remembered that it was quite that long ago that my friend Mary Jo Sell, Barnes & Noble's Community Coordinator, told me she was going to form a Senior Memoir writing group. It sounded to me like something my Dad would enjoy.  I encouraged him to visit the first session to see what it was like.  He loved it and attended almost every single one that has followed - until April, 2009. I'm aware of three or four additional groups that have sprung from this one.  Pretty cool.

      If Howard Bennett was able to be with you this past Wednesday, many of you will already know that my beloved Dad, William Creed Myers,
      died peacefully at home on Monday, May 18th, 3:21 PM.

      I was lying next to him on his cozy bed, singing to him and holding his strong old hand.
      I miss him like crazy.

      The Trenton Times obituary for William Creed Myers is listed at the following link:

      Please know that any of you who would like to do so are invited to attend a celebration of Creed's life on
      Sunday afternoon, June 7th, 2009 at the Unitarian Universalist Church at Washington Crossing.

      With sadness and gratitude,
      Holly Myers
      856-234-7417

      Message 2 of 2 , May 24 7:09 AM
        Creed was a person that I think we, who knew him, will never forget.  I might not be able to make the memorial service because of vision problems.  I no longer drive when I am not sure where I am going but I will be thinking of him and you Holly and the family.

        Hugs,
        Elaine