Re: [Seniormemoirs] Old Post Cards

    Message 1 of 4 , May 11, 2007
      Bernie:
      I apologize for the great delay in responding. No, I did not see the article on the SS United States in the Inquirer. That ship was docked in Baltimore for many years before it was moved to Philadelphia. I understand that the owner planned to convert it into a hotel: muck like the Queen Mary in Long Beach, CA. He must have failed to obtain the financing. It is rotting at the pier. It is sad to see this proud ship, once the fastest liner on the sea, going to ruin.

      See you next Wednesday.
      (I spoke with Zoe this week. The topic for June will be "ON WHEELS ..."
      Be well!
      Bob

      See what's free at AOL.com.
    • Bernard Rudin