"Think Locally-Act Neighborly" Doorhangers in Sehome, 9/19

  • Lara Welker
    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 11, 2007
      Greetings Sehome Neighbors,

      The Campus Community Coalition will once again be distributing its "Think Locally-Act Neighborly" doorhangers in the Sehome neighborhood the week before classes start at WWU. The doorhangers have information about being a good neighbor, alcohol and noise related citations, and tips for keeping parties quiet, safe and legal.

      We are looking for neighbors to help with distribution on Wednesday, September 19, 5:30pm, meeting by the basketball court at Laurel Park. If you have a couple of hours to help, it would be greatly appreciated!

      Thanks, and I hope to see you on the 19th! Let me know if you have any questions at all.

      Best,
      Lara

      Lara Welker, MPH
      Campus Community Coalition Coordinator

      Western Washington University
      Prevention and Wellness Services
      516 High St./ MS 9039
      Bellingham, WA 98225-9039
      Phone: (360) 650-6863
      Fax: (360) 650-7919
      lara.welker@...

      The mission of the Campus Community Coalition is to promote working relationships and communication between the campus and community by striving to enhance shared responsibility, prevent and address problems related to student alcohol misuse, and contribute to the health and safety of the entire community.

      www.coalition.wwu.edu

    • Gallery, Jillian
      Message 2 of 19 , Sep 13, 2007
        Lara,
           Since I'm working that day, I can't be certain to make it in helping out.  Best case scenario, I will see you there!
                                                                                                                                            Thanks,
                                                                                                                                                    Jillian

        lara.welker@ wwu.edu

        The mission of the Campus Community Coalition is to promote working relationships and communication between the campus and community by striving to enhance shared responsibility, prevent and address problems related to student alcohol misuse, and contribute to the health and safety of the entire community.

        www.coalition. wwu.edu

        This message is intended solely for the use of the individual and entity to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable state and federal laws. If you are not the addressee, or are not authorized to receive for the intended addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, distribute, or disclose to anyone this message or the information contained herein. If you have received this message in error, immediately advise the sender by reply email and destroy this message.

      • Jon Shaughnessy
        Message 3 of 19 , Sep 16, 2007
          Dear SNA BOD and Lara,

          Sorry I missed this memo, so this may be on too short a notice:

          Could we add a short note announcing our next General Meeting (set for Tuesday, 10/30/07, and giving folks a final review before the revised Neighborhood Plan is submitted to the City) to those door hangers?

          It could be a quarter of  an 8.5X11 page of Astro-Bright stock so it grabbed their attention and would be followed up with the NL weeks later, but would give neighbors advanced notice of this important meeting and add credibility to our outreach efforts for the new Plan.

          The note need not be attached to the hanger - just tucked in behind the magnet (I'm assuming this is a repeat of last year's "package".

          I could compose and print it by noon Wednesday if BOD approves.

          RSVP ASAP

          Thanks,

          Jon Shaughnessy