RE: [SeattleRobotics] Brain cell failure.

  • Claus
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 31, 2001
      www.diyelectronics.com ?

      -----Mensaje original-----
      De: Alan King [mailto:alan@...]
      Enviado el: Viernes, 31 de Agosto de 2001 07:06 PM
      Para: SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com
      Asunto: Re: [SeattleRobotics] Brain cell failure.

      No JDR's not it, the web site is something like
      www.XXX-electronics.com or similar. JDR dreams of being as big as this
      place, their catalog made JDR and MCM etc look like amateurs. The
      catalog was very professional and at least 1/2 or 3/4" thick. And
      definitely aimed more towards business than hobbiests.

      Dan Creagan wrote:

      > www.jdr.com ?
      >
      > Dan

    • montgomery f. tidwell
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 1, 2001
        Howdy,

        how about www.alliedelec.com? i just received their latest catalog
        and it is 1" 5/8 (40mm) thick.

        \\//_

        Claus wrote:

        > www.diyelectronics.com ?

      • Dan Gates
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 2, 2001
          Allen,
          Here is the company you are looking for, I use them all the time.
          http://www.ldgelectronics.com/
          -Dan

          --- In SeattleRobotics@y..., Alan King <alan@n...> wrote:

          > Lost some bookmarks a while back, and now can't remember the name
          of a
          > company. It's like DLR or DLM or LBK or similar, some three
          initials
          > -electronics. Kind of like MCM etc, good prices and lots bigger
          catalog
          > and more tools, and more commercial stuff, I saw the catalog at a
          car
          > stereo shop. Looked them up on Yahoo at the time and found the
          website,
          > but can't locate it now that I've lost the bookmark and can't
          remember
          > the correct initials, there are way too many similar XXX-electronics
          > companies.
          > If you happen to be familiar with it the right letters would be
          > appreciated! :)
          > Alan
        • Bruce
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 2, 2001
            Folks - Don't know if this is germaine or not - I bumped into these while I was searching for curiosity -

            For what's it worth, it isn't http://www.rselectronics.com/

            Or else look at this buyer's guide:

             http://www.buyersindex.com/brca/24.html

            Hope this helps.
            Bruce

            www.diyelectronics.com ?

            Dan Creagan wrote:

            > www.jdr.com ?
            >
            > Dan

          • Bob Dyer
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 2, 2001
              Alan,

              You might try www.???-tronics.com like web-tronics or www.???tronics.com
              like alltronics

              Bob

              -------------------------
              Consider Carefully... Act Boldly!

              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 2, 2001
                Still not it, they have similar initials but almost nothing product
                wise. This place had a catalog that was easily 2 or 3 MCM type catalogs
                together and all kinds of tools and parts, nothing suggested so far is
                even close. But I can't find them again either, maybe they're gone.
                Anyone have old archives of the list, sort by sender and I think I sent
                it here a year or two ago, just lost all my old messages..
                Never know, may not be around anymore, but they had a huge catalog so
                I doubt they're gone. Did a search on Yahoo for

                Dan Gates wrote:

                > Allen,
                > Here is the company you are looking for, I use them all the time.
                > http://www.ldgelectronics.com/
                > -Dan

              • warrenhb
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 12, 2001
                  I just searched my archive of SRS messages for messages from Alan King with
                  electronics.com in the message. The following message was the only one that
                  showed. You're not talking about allelectronics.com, are you?

                  A similar search with -electronics.com found no messages, other than your
                  two Brain cell failure messages.

                  Doug